Stump grinding how much!!!!

Richard 1234

Hodge I have to say I agree with pretty much everything you say on AT.

I too have a sidewinder and to take it out run it and run the risk of smashing the green teeth to bits I try and charge at least £100.

May do it cheaper if I have taken the tree down in the first place and there is other work to be done in the future.

£30 for a stump, no thanks unless there were 20 of them in a row!

Thanks, I have learnt the hard way. :)

Hodge

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For us too, if it is 'our' stump then the price is lower.

I'm in this to make money, not to provide a cheap service and to 'get by' with manky old kit.

I charge whatever I can get away with, no hard or fast rules.

Just bid on the job and normally I win it too.

If a digger driver on a site clearance is also bidding then I go cheap, if it is in some precious manicured urban garden then my bid soars skywards.

Best grind this year with HB20 was 10 min travel 20min on site and a cheque for 180euro.

Ty

For us too, if it is 'our' stump then the price is lower.

I'm in this to make money, not to provide a cheap service and to 'get by' with manky old kit.

I charge whatever I can get away with, no hard or fast rules.

Just bid on the job and normally I win it too.

If a digger driver on a site clearance is also bidding then I go cheap, if it is in some precious manicured urban garden then my bid soars skywards.

Best grind this year with HB20 was 10 min travel 20min on site and a cheque for 180euro.

Ty

What's the update on the big grinder then?

Hired a guy with a 2.2t digger to help recover the machine and load it onto a trailer then drove 2.5 hours to the Bandit/Carlton dealer for the West of France.

They have found the fault, a switch between the manual and radio controls which was corroded.

This they say has been the root cause of the problems since we took delivery.

However, it is the French holiday season and the machine may not be ready for a while yet.

I have since sought legal advice since my last fruitless telephone conversation with the suppliers sales director.

In the terms and conditions of the supplier it clearly states.

1. That they agree to supply goods free from material defect

2. That faults should be notified within 3 days (done)

3. That in the case of dispute that under law society rules there will be an appointed arbitrator in case of disputes

OR,

They could just do the right thing by us and pay for the repairs etc.

Ty