Stump grinding how much!!!!

Richard 1234

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the scroat that power washed my great grans patio for £1000 said.

But there is no way to stop that, if the said scroat can sleep at night for doing that then that's up to him. I can't comment on your great gran but I do know of a few elderly people that have ripped off by rouge tree people. They had a choice to shut the door and walk away but they never for whatever reason, But what can you do? Nothing!. You can try to educate people in what things should cost or only to use reputable firms but as our industry has no compulsory regulator than it will never change.

Hodge

What's different?.....Ty buys a second hand, sold as seen machine off a dealer (from what I've read). That dealer made as much as he could out of Ty.....Ty's favourite saying I hasten to add along with the feelng of that lovely cash. Then the machine goes pop, Ty's bad luck!

He'll have to part with some of that lovely cash to get the machine repaired.

Like I said it swings both ways.

The machine was faulty from delivery.

We couldn't get it started and it remained stuck on the truck for hours

We tried to call the salesman at the suppliers out of hours but no reply.

It was not sold as seen but under a miserably short guarantee of 28days which first they tried to wriggle out of before back peddling.

It was supplied with an intermittent fault.

I did not buy a machine which 'went pop'

It had clearly gone 'pop' before hand...

Ty

The machine was faulty from delivery.

We couldn't get it started and it remained stuck on the truck for hours

We tried to call the salesman at the suppliers out of hours but no reply.

It was not sold as seen but under a miserably short guarantee of 28days which first they tried to wriggle out of before back peddling.

It was supplied with an intermittent fault.

I did not buy a machine which 'went pop'

It had clearly gone 'pop' before hand...

Ty

Why did you hand over that "lovely cash" for a machine that was faulty from delivery?

Why didn't you reject the machine when it turned up at your yard?.....the bit about not being able to get it off the truck for hours would start "Alarm Bells" ringing for me.

The machine was working when it was loaded onto the truck in Sussex.

When it came to be unloaded it was not working.

The fault is intermittent and the supplier very possibly knew this as they got my delivery man to sign a paper 'Sold as seen' instead of their 28day guarantee. A sly slight of hand...

Contract was with me as the companies representative NOT with the employee collecting the machine.

We have an excellent rapport with all the companies we deal with EXCEPT this one supplier.

There is no logical reason on earth why they should behave this way towards a client and as a result I am not taking this lying down.

I am having the machine repaired at my cost and will continue to earn money from it but the issue of our maltreatment at the hands of the supplier remains unresolved and subject to further proceedings.

I'm sure NONE of you would roll over easily if you felt you had been ripped off unless I have misjudged you...

Ty