Seqouia takedown

Marc

Cracking set of photos there Marc,thanks for sharing.

I noticed "Q tip" using chains for the Butt sections,treat the man to a set of soft strops!

Looks like he deserves them!

I'm pretty sure Q will call you a heathen for saying that, I used to think the same that soft strops were they way forward, Q is adamant that chains are best he manipulated those chains with such ease especially on the butt section, he didn't even break a sweat all day.

I've only ever done one sizable crane job on an Oak using soft strops, my efforts were clumsy and difficult, now i've seen Q it gives me ideas on how i'd do it better.

Another neat trick Q did among many was before craning off the butt sections he used his 200t to cut a slice into the trunk, that way when using the 88 he had a ledge to rest the bar in to begim his cut, it ll the little details that make a job go easy and smooth.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another neat trick Q did among many was before craning off the butt sections he used his 200t to cut a slice into the trunk, that way when using the 88 he had a ledge to rest the bar in to begim his cut, it ll the little details that make a job go easy and smooth.

nice one, i saw the notches on the big bits on the ground.i will remember that if i am ever unfortunate enough to need an 88 up a tree again:001_cool:

Dont like seeing Sequoias come down, but if its gotta be done then i'd rather it was done by pros like yourself, great job, well done.

Think that one might have been a bit too much for the pikeys anyway Tim!

Cracking job on a big, awkward tree, Marc. Well done to the whole team.

Did you need power shutdown both days?