152 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - In or Out?

• Yes - stay in the EU
    • No - leave the EU

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it? Uk pays around 12billion to EU and gets about 4billion back in grants etc.

You are of-course quite correct. Unfortunately the way I stated it is the way that many see it and the way it seems to be put forward most often by the eu friendly media. The farming lobby I believe will be hard to convince on eu withdrawal as a consequence.

In reality however it's quite simple, as a net contributor Westminster itself could quite comfortably substitute for every penny that "comes from Europe" and we'd still be better off financially.

Regards this proposed charge. How can the take an estimate of the black market of drug deals and prostitution to add to the GDP of a country?

Let's estimate it at £loads£ so they pay more

The estimate was provided by this country, not the EU, if The Today programme on R4 yesterday is to be believed. :001_rolleyes:

Agreed! Nonsensical, made up figures from an organisation that can't get it's own accounts signed off

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/has_eu_budget_rejected_auditors_18_years-28593

Well done for the table thumping "I ain't gonna pay" from Cameron but there's a large part of me thinking now you know what it ******* feels like when the dick-heads at HMRC try throwing their weight around making demands on small business.

Be interesting to see how you get out of this one Mr Cameron....

Unfortunately Cameron did not say we would not pay, only that we would not pay on the 1 of December, the due date :thumbdown:

The EU just seems fundamentally against the UK's interests. We are net contributors by about £8 billion and we have EU workers coming to the UK and taking our jobs/ benefits/ health service.

I'm a Civil Engineer, I've seen Greek/ Romanian/ French/ Polish civil engineers in the UK. But since few people in the UK speak a foreign language the chances of a British Civil Engineer getting a job in mainland Europe is effectively tiny.

I am out. Sad to say I am sure that the likes of Jaguar landrover will see there profits diminish for a while as I truly believe many small firms will simply cease trading, unless, however, if they have a relevant product for the UK then they will survive.

I am only too aware that striking generalisations would not help me if it was my mortgage on the line and had to be paid.

I want us to stand on our feet and get our country back up there again on its own merit, not through a re imbursement or rebate, not through systems wallowing in tax payers money that get looked over when times are good but now, times are not and there is no money sloshing around for politicians to try and make political gain, then the red tops will have their field day. As does UKIP.

Time to put GB back and sort out so many incidental problems in one sweep and start again but from a place of experience.

• 2 weeks later...