Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Rough budget please Stephen, as the solutions have huge price and spec range.

Eddie.

Not sure, I go more on value for what I get.

The lighter the better either with a Tilty head which I would use with my buckets as well or with a fixed rotator.

I would of thought around the £4-£6k

Man - I'm hanging out for the arrival of my new machine in early October, a Komatsu PC20MR-2, it's primary function with me will really be as a mobile hydraulic pump for a post driver (knocker to most of you I guess) but I already have several jobs lined up including one or two like you pictured CS.

It looks like you might have something between a tad and a whole bunch more seat time than me, so I have a fairly steep learning curve ahead.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Their not to bad one you get used to its almost automatic with your hands and you can concentrate on what your digging, alot easier on newer machines much more content, the only digger ive owned before this one was a jcb 3c that was 5 years older than me and had so much play in the kingpost you had to stop 18inch from where you wanted to dig to allow for it :-D

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Just a bit of a heads up for anyone wanting to try some of the Wacker Neuson Mini's at a 'Dig In' event.

New Haden plant sales are laying it all on, and should be just a great informal way to get some actual seat time and by the look of it the mini Telehandlers will be there.

Just down the road for me.:thumbup1:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1109355029153594/

Eddie

A question for the arb-digger collective.

On the previous page Shillo posted a picture of a Volvo pulling a tree out of a river with the blade a metre up in the air, but why was he working that way round? I only have a limited experience of mini diggers but I always try and work over the blade as it is much more stable with it down and I have heard that it's not good for the track motors to have all the load on them like in that pic.

What do the experts think/do?

Firstly, I have no where near the experience of many on this thread! I try to have the blade behind me when digging/trenching on my mini digger as you get more down force. If you try it back to back (blade in front/compared to blade behind) if should be pretty noticeable. Less relevant on heavier machines but big improvement on a 1.5t.

When back filling, grading or loading I have the blade in front of me so you are not chasing the material around.

When I am using my grapple I tend to be using the full 360 rotation so blade positioning compared to work is not really applicable. I just put it at the best position to steady/level the machine. If I am working with heavy lifts (lifts where you are probably pushing your luck!?!) I keep the blade forward and try not to rotate beyond the 45 degrees odd over the blade. Ie if I am lifting a big log into a trailer I keep it all facing forwards.

As said, many more experienced guys than me but that's my approach.