Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Actually, not sure if i like the Wacker VDS system or not! I haven't tried it so can't comment, It only tilts on one side and i wondered what the system would be like after 3000 or so hours and wear had crept into it.... From what i have seen though Wacker make good minis but don't see many around here

Actually, not sure if i like the Wacker VDS system or not! I haven't tried it so can't comment, It only tilts on one side and i wondered what the system would be like after 3000 or so hours and wear had crept into it.... From what i have seen though Wacker make good minis but don't see many around here

Can't see much wear creeping in, and a few pins/bushes wouldn't break the bank at that size.

I agree on the single side tilt, but I suspect not that difficult if you plan your work around it.

Not a feature I'd be that bothered about specifying to be honest.

Wacker Neuson are really on the up, the new 5 and 8 tonners are stunning bits of kit, I think it depends if you have a local dealer or not.

Eddie.

How about getting a demo on the wacker neuson 2503 (2.6t) can be towed comfortably at that weight without having to make sure you get all the dirt out of the tracks like you do with 2.8t models. I've just ordered a new Takeuchi tb216 (1.8t) but the Wacker i compared it against was a pretty hi spec machine as standard, more so than the Tak but more pricey.

Some light trailers about now though which aren't much over the 500kg mark.

The Kubota U27-4 will be a beautiful bit of kit to be honest, but the track pedals on the Volvo that you can actually use with ease are a real bonus, and Kubota are dreadful on the small machines for not offering the type of pipework setups you get from 5 tonne upwards from them.

It may just be possible that Kubota do the extra pipework for Germany, as they are much more demanding of such standard items than the UK.

Eddie.

We seemingly now have a UK Dealer for Eurocomach machines, and boy are these going to make a few sit up!:thumbup1:

I tried 3 and 8 tonne versions out in Sweden last year and all I can really say is they are total quality with absolutely silky smooth hydraulics.

As for spec, nobody really offers more features or options for machines.

Just to get you all going, how about this 5/6 tonner blade!:thumb up:

[ame]

[/ame]

Eddie.

How about getting a demo on the wacker neuson 2503 (2.6t) can be towed comfortably at that weight without having to make sure you get all the dirt out of the tracks like you do with 2.8t models. I've just ordered a new Takeuchi tb216 (1.8t) but the Wacker i compared it against was a pretty hi spec machine as standard, more so than the Tak but more pricey.

I just phoned up our local Wacker dealer and he seemed very keen for me to try a Hyundai R25Z AK that they are currently doing for £20K and 0% finance. I don't know much about them except that they are Kubota engined. Tom.

Nay worries, we have run a wee Kramer Nueson in the Cem this 10 or 15 years, the 2203 from recall, with the VDS, which has given ZERO trouble.

Digger was deliberately purchased with VDS as we dig graves on a reasonable (guessing as much as 1:5) sideslope.

cheers

m

Some light trailers about now though which aren't much over the 500kg mark.

The Kubota U27-4 will be a beautiful bit of kit to be honest, but the track pedals on the Volvo that you can actually use with ease are a real bonus, and Kubota are dreadful on the small machines for not offering the type of pipework setups you get from 5 tonne upwards from them.

It may just be possible that Kubota do the extra pipework for Germany, as they are much more demanding of such standard items than the UK.

Eddie.

I have spent a lot of time in the light Volvo's and I would highly recommend them. They are pretty comfortable even for me at 6'4". The hydraulics are smooth, even on the 1.5t.

I've got the Doosan DX27Z on demo at the moment. I quite like it, it has 1100 hours so its still relatively tight and up-together. The controls are positive, swift and smooth. I've just dug 50m of 1m deep trench and a big hole for a domestic sewage plant and it has done well. With two speed tracking it travels well, although the cab rattles a lot in the higher speed. The cab is reasonable spacious (I'm about 6') and the seat is adequate but not brilliant. I find the noise in the cab a bit irritating after a while, not sure if a Kubota engine will run quieter than a Yanmar although I suspect that it will.

I've been trying to keep things within the 3.5t trailer load constraint for years with Alpine tractor, Schaffer loader etc. Hence my looking at 2.5 to 2.7t diggers.

The DX27Z weighs in at close to 2.8t and I guess that is without fuel, hitch and bucket. So really its going to be difficult to keep it to 3.5t gross even with a very lightweight trailer and I'm not convinced that a very lightweight trailer will stand the rough track towing that I sometimes do.

I'll try a Kubota KX61 and a Volvo EC25 although I do like zero tail swing, despite the counter-weight compromise.

However, we do have a mog that can tow more and would be fine with a 3.5t digger or bigger on the right trailer. So, I'm thinking myself around in circles again and wondering what sort of trailer would best be suited. Mid rather than rear axles, Rottinger hitch, air brakes, low centre of gravity - I guess I need to look on German ebay or ask A C Price.

Tom.