Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Having had an excavator at work in the woods fairly continuously for around 2 years I would suggest anyone wanting to do a similar thing to invest in the guarding.

Since guarding up we have had no real machine damage, but have had lok of object hit the guarding, typically from dead tops or hanging limbs or when handling big tops and hitting the screen guard. No matter how good an operator you are It will still happen. Even when using a simple fixed demo grab we had a 5" log twist and get pulled straight through the window of the machine, luckily the operator reacted quickly and no damage was done apart from a new screen.

We guarded ours ourselves due to the problems you are finding getting hold of people that acctually want the work.

Yep, an absolute must. Everything gets guarded now before it goes out, the one occasion I never did it the machine came back mullered.

image.jpg3_zps1hg6tevb.jpg

image.jpg4_zps5ydi2fxs.jpg

• 1 month later...

Coming around to the idea of a flail head for my Kubota 3.5T.

A guy who I have dealt with before in my JCB days is distributor for Ghedini Fabio heads. All my previous dealings with him have been good, he's a sound guy, but there's not a lot of info about on the Ghedini stuff.

Wondering if there's any feedback on here before I take it further.