Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Here's a few pictures of our new machine being delivered this week. One very happy operator now!

that stupid dpf exhaust really restricts vision out to the r/h rear of the machine remember don't let them idle for long periods of time keep them hot and they should be hassle free

That's a real nice handy setup, I like the Doosan kit, should go well for you.:thumbup1:

Be interesting to see how she handles the shear once in action.

So pleased to see guarding on the machine, it's simply a must when shearing.

Eddie.

Oh right, Tb125 will be a good upgrade then. The tb125 weighs 200kg more than the kx61-3, has longer reach, wider track base and has more swing/overhang, better balance. Also Takeuchi tb125 had 35mm bucket pins whereas kx61-3 only has 30mm- which may mean you can use all your existing attachments easily enough? The kx71-3 is the same weight as the Takeuchi (2790kg before quick hitch, larger buckets etc) so yes you can tow it if you have one of the modern plant trailers which are being built to accommodate such machines...just:laugh1:

Ok awesome, thats good info.

I might look at a kx71-3 as well then, looks like its just a touch wider which might be helpful.

I'm on 35mm pins and the attachments are worth more than the digger so definitely needing to retain them!

Having been mind boggled by the electronics on this machine at the hand over I don't think anybody would consider modifying anything on the machine. Besides, the whole machines computer is monitored remotely by doosan and can pretty much tell them if we sneeze too loudly!! This would also cause slight issues with the warranty. To overcome the visability issue we have had 360 cameras fitted today so we don't even need windows now 😂

Guarding is certainly something that I always wanted on the mec but the logistics and cost of fitting it to such an odd ball machine was not reasonable, also considering it was never going to be kept for too long meant there were things that were always going to be needed doing. As a company, we hold numerous accreditation,. AA approved, chas and ISO's so compliance was always important. When we did not have FOPS guarding we had very detailed risk assessments with stringent exceptions to how we used the machine with the shear. Like many machines nowadays the cab was FOPS certified but it obviously lacked the window guarding.

The new machine is obviously something different entirely and I went a bit bad with the optional extras. It will be having Ram guards and undercarriage plates fitted when it comes back in from the first job, it was all meant to be done before we took delivery but unfortunately the dealer did not have enough time to fit it with my tight deadline. Our first job is about 8klm of roadside work so hopefully the lack of additional machine guarding will not be an issue (I hope)

The shear is an absolute dream to use on this machine and appears to be well suited. The adjustments on the excavator allow it all to be set extremely user friendly. I am looking forward to watching it on site next week.

Here's a few pictures of our new machine being delivered this week. One very happy operator now!

Very nice Adrian, a guy I was working with over the Christmas break takes delivery of the same set up next week. Doosan seem to be gaining in popularity.

Bob

Very nice Adrian, a guy I was working with over the Christmas break takes delivery of the same set up next week. Doosan seem to be gaining in popularity.

Bob

Thanks, I looked at several manufacturers but really like the options doosan give you. The cost is also competitive. To be honest though all machines will pretty much do the same thing it comes down to personal preference and back up support. Having a local dealer really helped

i agree, hmm a crafty fellow might but a straight through exhaust and bypass it. put a blank on the return.:thumbup:

you can't do this as the pressure across the dpf is monitored by the ecu all the time thats how it knows the restriction is there and its also got a thermo couple in it as well the only way to get around it is reprogram the ecu and get shot of the egr and the dpf or buy a machine from abroad without all that crap fitted

Just spotted these on Facebook from TDL Equipment, caused a bit of a stir?

Apparently can be had at £50 per week with no Deposit???

Don't know anything about them, machine or dealer, but as the advert says it's paid for by breakfast Monday!

The reality is with a bit of careful buying on the main manufacturers that have set in stone residual you could perhaps even better the above figure?

Fair play though, that's got to get them a few calls, and I think they even have air con as standard, plus Yanmar engine.

Sany, is Hyundai or the like only a few years ago, and certainly mean business.

Eddie.

15823263_10154879250088126_5417224621907739535_n.jpg.39e17d311a99f750c8c09213fbdb6be7.jpg