posting

John Shutler

Why!? It would be a boring place if we didn't have sex, salaries, religion and politics. Arbtalk is the best forum on the internet......And the reason for this!......It's not all about the subject it was set up for. Loads of people from all walks of life having their say.

I also agree with this, we have many posts on different subjects, girls,get togethers, cider,trucks etc etc none of them arb related whatsoever, but im sure none of us want to discuss arb work all the while.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I've just wasted time reading the last four pages to discover that this thread has run it's course and is now bogged down IMO.

People are starting to bicker about what is bickering!

I think that all points were made very clear many pages ago and the one thing that stands out to me is that all the Moderators appear to have a united opinion on this subject. I may be wrong but they probably don't know each other very well on a personal level due to living all over the place, despite this, the overall view is the same.

It should be obvious to everyone that the 'united opinion' is the RIGHT opinion for the greater good and that it is futile to contest it because you would be wrong.

Just my opinion and I shan't visit this thread again because I'm more interested in the technique and equipment threads.

Good luck to the greater good :thumbup:

Yet the subject of sex was one of the points raised back in the earliest posts on here that was considered as unsuitable.

Zero tolerance, the weaning out of every-one who crosses the boundary is rather sad but we are not at liberty to engage in free speech on here as even off line there is no such thing.

We must abide by the rules of the club now or return to being lone workers with 'read only' status.

I for one, have not much to add to this forum but a great deal to benefit by it.

I'm truly sorry I've posted unwelcome comments before about crusties, pikies and got a head of steam up over illegal working contracts abroad all of which got me in trouble on here and I wished I'd kept my 'mouth' shut over and I'm certainly sorry for it.

One thing is for sure, I shall never again share my personal life details with any-one on here as it is information that is often wielded against me later on.

I shall never tell people I'm doing well, or badly or ever share my good fortune again for fear of raising jealous hackles.

I'll just stick to reading other experiences and trying to think up sage questions about untried knots and fungi that look and taste like 'thingies'

Oh good grief, look, I've brought sexual innuendo into it again...:001_rolleyes: Hit me with a life ban won't you...?

Ty

Wow, I've just wasted time reading the last four pages to discover that this thread has run it's course and is now bogged down IMO.

People are starting to bicker about what is bickering!

I think that all points were made very clear many pages ago and the one thing that stands out to me is that all the Moderators appear to have a united opinion on this subject. I may be wrong but they probably don't know each other very well on a personal level due to living all over the place, despite this, the overall view is the same.

It should be obvious to everyone that the 'united opinion' is the RIGHT opinion for the greater good and that it is futile to contest it because you would be wrong.

Just my opinion and I shan't visit this thread again because I'm more interested in the technique and equipment threads.

Good luck to the greater good :thumbup:

I think the moderators will do as they see fit, that is their job on this forum.

Because they "appear" to have the same opinion does that make them the "greater good"?

I doubt even they would agree with that.

I think people are reading far too deeply into all of this!:001_huh:

Surely its a simple case of be civil or be somewhere else?

There are lots of sections in the forum to post relevant and irrelevant topics, including your sex, religion, look at me drinking a pint of cider threads and everything in between.

Just use a bit of common sense and dont speak to people like they are inferior idiots and the forum will be back to the way it should be in no time.

I have seen a big improvement over the last week or so and must say its a nicer place to be a part of now.

No one is forcing anyone to look on here and Im sure that most dont contribute to the running costs, so, Im sure that Steve wouldnt mind if those who didnt agree took it upon them selves to bugger off and start their own forum.:001_rolleyes::001_smile: