posting

John Shutler

Oh...

I've been away for a week in the mountains of Morocco with limited internet.

I logged in to message Le Sanglier and see he is banned.

Please spare me trolling through hundreds of threads to find out and tell me what's been going on here?

Regards

Ty

Simply put we are introducing a zero tolerance policy to trouble makers and anyone actively steering the forum in the wrong direction effective immediately, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like everything in life, the 80/20 rule applies here.

Its probably true that 80% of the conflict and bullying comes from 20% of the posters.

And as probably only 20% of the members account for 80% of the posting then the number of 'bad eggs' are actually quite small.

So if 80% of the bad ones can change their ways then we need only lose a few from the forum.

It is important though that all we keep the ability to jest with others.

i got a headache........ thats too much after spending the morning on the lifeboat barrie....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think that a lot of members forget that the is a business for Steve. Potential customer can google something and arbtalk will come up, we don't need customers reading all the childish and silly comments. This can put customers off which can then put off the advertisers. This would be the slow decline of arbtalk and caused by some members themselves. I used to post a lot on here but have not lately as I'm not sure it's worth the hassle anymore.

Remember if there's no advertisers theres no forum, would you if you were in my shoes want to pay to be a part of a forum as it is at the moment, or would you rather pay for how it was a while back.

By the way I'm all up for a laugh, and those that know me can vouch for that. But there is a time and a place.

This is a work related forum, and I feel it should be kept this way. You can use the members only bit for the banter, the public can't see this.

Good post Justin.

I have noticed your absence on here recently and wondered why.

I've always felt that your personal presence on here must be a tremendous boost for your business because your posts have always appeared concise and measured.

I only point this out as an example to others.

I will admit that I may have been a bit gobby in the past, when provoked, now I just look the other way to better things.

Following on from the testimonials of others, I too know many people who will not post on Arbtalk for fear of being ridiculed. Each of them has experienced this and now won't contribute.

This is a shame because their fear leads to our loss.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I for one fully support Steve and the Mods in being able to run the site as they see fit. No ifs, buts, human rights or freedom of speech. Go elsewhere if the (simple) rules can't be observed - they are only about common courtesy in any case.

But I have been thinking about this thread all day... I don't think I would have known if any member had been banned. When a regular poster stops out of the blue I had (in the past) always assumed they had decided spending too much time on it etc etc. Point is that is it a good thing for people to slink away or should justice be seen to be done. I thought I was for the former but having spent a day thinking about it I fear it would cause some goading if a public execution was on the cards. :confused1:

Hi all,

I agree entirely & support the forum moderators.

Its a public forum, people are entitled to different opinions but dont judge negatively or persecute people for expressing opinion, as Old Mill Tree Care stated "This is a shame because their fear leads to our loss"

If you wouldn't want your post read out in a job interview or as John said 'your Nan to read it', then exercise restraint.

Perhaps one should have the ability to remove a post at a later date as we all say things we regret after a few scoops of beer?

N

Edited by NFG

Hi all,

I agree entirely & support the forum moderators.

Its a public forum, people are entitled to different opinions but dont judge negatively or persecute people for expressing opinion, as Old Mill Tree Care stated "This is a shame because their fear leads to our loss"

If you wouldn't want your post read out in a job interview or as John said 'your Nan to read it', then exercise restraint.

Perhaps one should have the ability to remove a post at a later date as we all say things we regret after a few scoops of beer?

N

I think you can ask the mods to do it for you. :001_smile:

N

Do people really need the excuse?

I introduced the 10 minute window for editing as members were doing just as you said, going back after stirring a hornets nest and deleting their posts to make themselves look all innocent.

If people don't have a self discipline level higher than that of an 8 year old then they really don't have a place within the membership anyway IMO

Do people really need the excuse?

I introduced the 10 minute window for editing as members were doing just as you said, going back after stirring a hornets nest and deleting their posts to make themselves look all innocent.

If people don't have a self discipline level higher than that of an 8 year old then they really don't have a place within the membership anyway IMO

Is there any need for all this bollocks? It's a forum for god sake. We are all going to have different views. A zero tolerance sounds like a load of tosh to me.

Do you want to surround yourself with "yes men" Steve?

And yes I have read and re-read this post.