Confidentiality agreement.

steve@black

This is another one of those topics where employees and employers will disagree. It's like the wages threads.

Employees don't and never will have any comprehension of what's involved with being and employer.

Employees think its win win and don't realise just how close to the wind his boss is sailing 24/7 365 days a year.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Sailing close to the wind:lol::lol: £600 job, pay the staff & the rest goes in the ass pocket, simples :001_tt2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sailing close to the wind:lol::lol: £600 job, pay the staff & the rest goes in the ass pocket, simples :001_tt2:

There we go, straight into the wage dispute again.

Oh yes, I'm sorry I forgot mention that God provides all tool and machinery and that they run on fairy dust.

I also forgot that the employer works more hours than any employee ever will.

Oh, and isn't the employer entitled to earn a living or does your employer just owe you a living btgaz?

I have worked for a lot of companies freelancing over the years.

I have never signed any contracts or confidentiality agreements. I do have a policy and have discussed it with quite a few company owners.

Never discuss any of the prices the guy your working for charges with any of the other companies.

Always hand out a card or details of the company you are working for on that given day. You wouldnt have been there if it wasnt for the company owners hard work to get the initial job etc. Only right IMO you act as an ambassador of their firm when they are paying your day rate.

It has happened where I have called someone and left a message for them to call back and then weeks/months later they have called me regarding more work. If in the conversation it stems from work I did with 'xyx" treecare then I pass their details back to them.

Also, If I have people contact me regarding my own work, I usually pass this back to a company that I have worked for and are best suited for the job. I get them the job, they get me do it. Win, win and a little bonus usually on top.

I have worked for a lot of companies freelancing over the years.

I have never signed any contracts or confidentiality agreements. I do have a policy and have discussed it with quite a few company owners.

Never discuss any of the prices the guy your working for charges with any of the other companies.

Always hand out a card or details of the company you are working for on that given day. You wouldnt have been there if it wasnt for the company owners hard work to get the initial job etc. Only right IMO you act as an ambassador of their firm when they are paying your day rate.

It has happened where I have called someone and left a message for them to call back and then weeks/months later they have called me regarding more work. If in the conversation it stems from work I did with 'xyx" treecare then I pass their details back to them.

Also, If I have people contact me regarding my own work, I usually pass this back to a company that I have worked for and are best suited for the job. I get them the job, they get me do it. Win, win and a little bonus usually on top.

Fair play rich. Couldn't be more honest than that mate. Very refreshing

http://www.aatreesurgeon.co.uk

if you are employed by a company then the loyalty is to the company they pay your wages. my old boss if i when working for a customer that was looking for more work i passed back to him if it resulted in getting the work then i got a extra in my pay packet for sales lead

same for being self employed if someone hires you to do work and the customer wants more work then should be given to those who contracted you in to do the work.

different if you have left someones employment and a customer calls you to do work.

The policy at a landscape company that I worked for was that any enquiries from existing company customers must be referred back to the company office. Anyone that approached you whilst driving a company van, wearing company uniform or neighbours approaching you whilst working on a company job should be referred to the company office. This applied to on the books staff and subbies alike. Getting caught not following this was instant dismissal. However friends, family, friends of friends etc. that approached you on your own time there was no problem doing private work for them. They'd even hire you company equipment if you needed it. I'm sure that there were the odd occasions that people took private jobs that they shouldn't have but if any of your referrals ended up being for little things that they didn't want to bother with, they would ask if you wanted it as a private job before turning it away so that tended to help keep people honest.

There we go, straight into the wage dispute again.

Oh yes, I'm sorry I forgot mention that God provides all tool and machinery and that they run on fairy dust.

I also forgot that the employer works more hours than any employee ever will.

Oh, and isn't the employer entitled to earn a living or does your employer just owe you a living btgaz?

As Steve said, it was a joke, sorry I thought it was obvious. I was trying to point out the lads view sarcastically.

Personally I'm in between, a manager for the bro in law, missus is in the office. So I do very much know the difference between turnover and profit, I also work as many hours as the owner, if not more at times.

We both take the same wage so I've no complaints, but £ per hr worked we'd both be better off working for someone else tbh. Overheads are frightening and staff just fail to understand the financial issues with business. Its fine having an odd really good paying job, til you wait three months, or more, to get drawn, but the fuel man, vat man, tax man & other suppliers all want paying NOW!!