Confidentiality agreement.

steve@black

Blimey.

I think it's great when my staff talk to the clients. Look after your staff, they look after the clients and the clients look after you.

Provide a good place of work and employ guys and girls who want to do well, give them opportunities to grow and reward them. They'll sort out the wasters for you.

If a boss can't have an open and courageous conversation with his or her staff the relationship needs work. Be honest with the guy and say how you feel. Caveat the conversation first with sentence like, 'This is how I feel and please forgive me if this comes out wrong'. What have you got to lose. Get rid of the worry and find a solution.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether you said to client you could look at sending apprentice up at weekend and he deemed it as fairplay to tap up said person, possibly even claiming to have got the wrong end of the stick with what you said, In my opinion, and that's all it is, the lad should have said to you about it and asked did you mind.

He either didn't ask because he genuinely doesn't see any harm in such activities, or he knew it was slightly off to do such activities after work and was being sly.

Minority ruin for majority again im afraid and id deem it the latter. But that's just my opinion.

Next time you do a big fell, leave a high stick, then burn him on the stake...... Yeah... Yeah ......Yeah... Peasent trying to move in on the squires trade.... Boooooo... Hiissssss!!!

Blimey.

I think it's great when my staff talk to the clients. Look after your staff, they look after the clients and the clients look after you.

Provide a good place of work and employ guys and girls who want to do well, give them opportunities to grow and reward them. They'll sort out the wasters for you.

If a boss can't have an open and courageous conversation with his or her staff the relationship needs work. Be honest with the guy and say how you feel. Caveat the conversation first with sentence like, 'This is how I feel and please forgive me if this comes out wrong'. What have you got to lose. Get rid of the worry and find a solution.

Agree with the pleasant staff bit. I often comment on how staff should be around clients. Pleasant and conversant, but in a micro company the loss of bread and butter work as per this situ can be significant over the course of a year... Burn him.... Live or die????: Die!!! thumbdown:

Edited by jaime bray

Of cause and my "yes" was a little tongue in cheek :biggrin:

But I have always tried to be as straight and honest in my dealings as possible, doing by others as I wish to be done by.

But suggesting that most of us started our businesses by poaching customers from those we worked for is appalling IMO and I certainly don't want new lads to thinking it a good idea or in anyway acceptable.

What's wrong with poaching ?........good luck in what you do. But I speak to a few lads on here that are good tradesmen. They are having to think of different ways to get a living at the moment. I've worked for lads in the past that made well for them selfs, then wanted to pull up the ladder, so no one else could get up to where they were.

Have it on the way home :001_smile:

Definitely on the way home... Have had these type of chats and they can take a few days to settle back to normal, don't want a 100 mile trip back after a grouchy day. Corr I don't envy you..... Make sure you have your silky to hand incase he turns on you!!!!

As per title does anyone here have to sign one or is it standard practise among others to not pass on company imformation or work for customers they have met whilst working for you . (Had a bit of an issue ) comments please

Have read most of all this, my take, don't loose any sleep over this, try to be the very best boss you can, be understanding, and never loose your rag, we have all made muc ups in our time in the industry, you need to concentrate on developing your image as a quality company to work for, set your standards very high and stick to them, but above all as well as being a boss, you need to be a best mate , shoulder to cry on, quality controller , health & safety freak, Arb nurd , P&D as best you can, perfect people skills, able to drink most people under the table, able to fight like a lion, able to be diplomatic when needed, always be prepared to apologize, remember staff come and go and all can whisper comments, think about it , you are only one , staff represent many voices. Tell him on the way to work how you feel, cus its a long walk home :001_smile: by the end of the day, things should be ok, you could even ask him, if you got a Mobile splitter would he take on the challenge of developing it as a business venture 50 50 you supply the kit and just split the profit .

This is another one of those topics where employees and employers will disagree. It's like the wages threads.

Employees don't and never will have any comprehension of what's involved with being and employer.

Employees think its win win and don't realise just how close to the wind his boss is sailing 24/7 365 days a year.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!