Confidentiality agreement.

steve@black

Self employed and no log splitting is not the sort of work I have time to do , but as a buisness might be something I could do is provide this service.What my major concern is if he is there with a saw and the customer asks for other work to be done where does this end .Also the lack of comunication regarding this.

I can definitely see both points of view here, you were asked about log splitting, instead of saying yes, when can we book it in the client was fobbed off. Accordingly they went elsewhere, unfortunately that was to your man, he's self employed so presumably doesn't just work for you and has to generate other work.

He knows (or thinks) you don't do log splitting so it would probably never have occured for him to speak to you. Mentioning the client to him may have made him suddenly think he was in the wrong, by which point he probably thought it was to late to have the 'chat' with you.

Equally from your point of view I would have expected him to ask you if it was ok.

I did a callout job for someone, the client was happy and accordingly asked us about further work. It was a small job that I knew my client wouldn't be interested in, but I still rung him to check. It turned out while he wasn't interested there were other reasons I shouldn't do the job. If I had it could have left him in an awkward situation so I'm glad I did.

How did you get on anyway with the drive?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation has now been resolved , he has apaarently agreed with the customer he will not do any tree work and will in future discuss any situation of this kind that may arise at a bit more length with me . It does appear that every trades men that turns up at this property from the carpet fitter to builder has a brother that can do tree work but she is happy for me to continue with the tree work and other deveg works.

As for the drive the topic of the customer in question came up on the way so seemed perfect timing .

Also thanks to you all for putting my mind at rest .