Creosote Fencing Posts

carpenter1

Cant get it anymore, same with anything decent for the garden

You can get genuine creosote from my supplier but you godda get 25L or more . Othewise its the pretendy stuff . I have gone over to " Ducks Back " amazing stuff :001_smile:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dip treated won't do you any good - they'll need to be pressure treated to last. Calders & Grandidge might be able to tell you if they can supply or have an outlet (I've found them very helpful). Sweet chestnut is probably a lot easier to obtain in modest quantities and will last 25+yrs, longer if you pack them round with rubble rather than soil.

Alec

how long do sweet chestnut post last?

how much,

can any on on here supply eithr sweet chestnut or crosoted

any other ideas for strainer posts?

where do you require these posts? In the South East there are loads of guys cutting SC (not now 'cos they only do it in the winter) if you are really particular you go for wood grown on clay rather than sand.

I dip my sweet chestnut posts for good luck, 6ft posts in a 45 gallon barrel is just the right depth. Strainers you have to paint it on. Ive given up with pressure treated softwood, out of eight gateposts I put in about seven years ago, only three are still in service.

yes i knew that, i think £25 - £30 from mole valley farmers, for 25ltr drum

mole valley farmers are selling creosoted posts now and also if you have an account with them you can buy the original creosote from them

also calders & grundrige over in east anglia sell all types of creosote fencing

norcroft fencing over near norwich sell a good range

batsford sawmills near longleat in dorset :thumbup::thumbup: