Have to renew all NPTC units every 5 years

lloyd g

If the AA had any real reason for being then it should be at the forefront of promoting not just its little club but every NPTC qualified tree surgeon in the UK

What nonsense. Why would the AA want to promote every NPTC qualified tree surgeon in the UK? How many of the 'fully qualified tree surgeons' coming out of colleges with all their NPTC units do you think are fit to go straight out to work to a high standard?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wouldnt it would help them out!

Those that complied would have to increase their prices, those that dont wont.

There is never, ever going to be anything like a safe gas scheme for arborists so its not worth comparing the two or crossing your fingers hoping something magical will happen that will get rid of all those nasty cheap, tree hating morons who dare to price a job lower than me.:thumbdown::laugh1:

Why on earth I have to do a refresher course to cut down Mrs Smiths 10 foot leylandii is beyond me.:001_rolleyes:

Maybe if I was fitting a potential lethal deadly device into her house to heat up her home then I can maybe see the point. (Especially since and I presume this) that it takes more than a couple of days of training to become a fully qualified corgi/gas safe engineer.

Telling me how to hold an 020 is not going to help me or my customers out very much.

Corgi/gas safe - 2 years, so 6 months longer than an arb apprenticeship scheme

And a fiver extra per man per job won't break the bank

As for danger, we're waving metal boxes filled with flammable liquid and sharp bits around to make big heavy trees fall down, or at least some are...

And mr b, what sets the standard that an AA registered arb works at? Could a person not work at that level straight from college? And whilst on the idea of college arb courses, which colleges offer any nptc tickets? I had to fund all of mine!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

As for danger, we're waving metal boxes filled with flammable liquid and sharp bits around to make big heavy trees fall down, or at least some are...

And mr b, what sets the standard that an AA registered arb works at? Could a person not work at that level straight from college? And whilst on the idea of college arb courses, which colleges offer any nptc tickets? I had to fund all of mine!

YAWN !!!!!!:001_tongue:

So 103 weeks longer than it takes to get NPTC qualified.

"And a fiver extra per man per job won't break the bank" I love that bit:lol: you should be an insurance salesman, everything only costs a fiver a day, its just that they all add up to a hell of a lot of fivers! Besides did you pull that from nowhere or did you sit down and work it all out?

I loose jobs or a tenner so it does make a difference.

The danger is to us,ie the individual, not a house full of people with a gas leak.

Put yourself in this situation for a moment.

You need your boiler fixing as it smells funny and you also need a a couple of elderberry's felling and a conny hedge topping.

Now ill hazard at a guess but I bet you put a bit more work into getting a qualified boiler repair type of guy than you do into someone with a chainsaw and a van.

Why, because you have heard of gas safe, NOPE, because if one does a bad job you and your family wont wake up in the morning and the other guy, well its just a tree and hedge so what.

What nonsense. Why would the AA want to promote every NPTC qualified tree surgeon in the UK? How many of the 'fully qualified tree surgeons' coming out of colleges with all their NPTC units do you think are fit to go straight out to work to a high standard?

Well surely they would be doing what they do now then, since arb approved contractor standards are shocking considering they are meant to be the top of the game, we all know they are not ?.

Were not talking about workmanship but qualified tree surgeons, the aa represents not even 10% of this industry so if the aa has any right to suggest it represents this industry then yes they should represent all qualified tree surgeons.

You comment suggests all NPTC qualified tree surgeons provide bad workmanship ?. I know at least one aa contractor that employs guys with less tickets than me doing dismantles, well surely that makes me provide a higher standard and better service fully covering my customer since im qualified to do dismanling and my insurance is complied with regarding competently trained etc?.

Edited by TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

Well surely they would be doing what they do now then, since arb approved contractor standards are shocking considering they are meant to be the top of the game, we all know they are not ?.

Were not talking about workmanship but qualified tree surgeons, the aa represents not even 10% of this industry so if the aa has any right to suggest it represents this industry then yes they should represent all qualified tree surgeons.

You comment suggests all NPTC qualified tree surgeons provide bad workmanship ?. I know at least one aa contractor that employs guys with less tickets than me doing dismantles, well surely that makes me provide a higher standard and better service fully covering my customer since im qualified to do dismanling and my insurance is complied with regarding competently trained etc?.

Why??

IME, the guys with the most bits of paper had the least skill, the most skilled guys I've met in this industry have very few tickets, they don't need them, their work speaks for its self.