Have to renew all NPTC units every 5 years

lloyd g

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moan moan moan moan! Who here complaining about refreshers has utilities tickets? Or has sprayer tickets and is on the contractor sprayer registers NASOR or NRoSO? Gotta do refreshers for those! I personally welcome it, should weed out the bad operators, also the information should be pitched to the public, so they understand more about registered operatives. Works with gas safe, corgi and all the construction trades, why not us?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I personally welcome it, should weed out the bad operators, also the information should be pitched to the public, so they understand more about registered operatives. Works with gas safe, corgi and all the construction trades, why not us?

:thumbup:

Personally I was against all this FISA stuff as our job is one of the hardest and most life threatening but also the most rewarding (I love my job!) Way I seen it was, a lot of people think they can do it, pass there test, fall over taking their hand off the handle bar and lose ther arm, or cut themselves...or stick it in their leg! I've always thought that it would be better if there was a government funded apprenticeship scheme available where company's/contractors take on some one for like 3 years after their initial test. This would help the individuals get all the college stuff out their heads and work properly and to a safe standard.

I soon realised that FC and other contractors were signing up to FISA as members and can only employ others who are either members or had the FISA update training. I don't want to turn up or apply for work to find out I'm just a cowboy in their eyes. If I need update training then I'm doing it! I've worked safe (enough) for 12 years now and I'm not having no one say I don't have the right tickets for the job.

If they want an assurance that I'm safe to work and they say that takes the FISA update to prove so, then I'm for it :D

Moan moan moan moan! Who here complaining about refreshers has utilities tickets? Or has sprayer tickets and is on the contractor sprayer registers NASOR or NRoSO? Gotta do refreshers for those! I personally welcome it, should weed out the bad operators, also the information should be pitched to the public, so they understand more about registered operatives. Works with gas safe, corgi and all the construction trades, why not us?

yeh but look at the the amount we have to in our industry :thumbdown:

But they have to have it by law to touch gas. We are not required by law to have it to operate so its not a level playing field to start with.

We should then, it would eliminate a lot of competition, it would also reduce the saturation of our industry