Arbtalk Members Reponses to Stihl's Online Policy

Honey Bros

Dear Stihl ,

I run 11 various Stihl machines in my business . I repair and maintain all of them my self , and to be perfectly honest I don't think my local dealer provides a good service .

On past experience my local dealer has made me wait up to two weeks for parts . I can order on the internet and get parts next day from dealers in England .

I am self employed and cannot afford machines to be waiting for weeks for parts . Stihl's new policy will take away my right of choice of whom to deal with and damage my business

If this change of policy by Stihl happens I will have to change to another brand .

I have been loyal to Stihl over the the years and have spent many thousands of pounds buying and running your equipment . All I want is the right to buy my genuine Stihl parts from dealers who provide the service I require , and if that is by mail order so be it .

I will not be forced to buy from a local dealer who provides poor service and poor value for money .

my sentiments exactly

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I am a bit late to the party, I didn't take much notice and assumed it was just the saws that were face to face.

Didn't realise it meant everything else as well.

Seriously? That is just mental!

Someone should explain to them what happened to Comet for not being online.

I have just emailed them informing them of my new policy regarding the replacement of stihl products with new husqvarna equivalents online (X15 machines) for best online price as local dealers are overpriced.

Edited by Andy Collins
Language

I run a mixed bag of equipment from various manufacturers. My saws of choice are either Stihl or Husky. Due to this change in policy over online sales, I shall have to replace my Stihl products with another make that will still supply the parts I need. As many others, I can't wait weeks for a dealer to decide to get me the parts I need.

Shame, and very short sighted in my opinion, hopefully this will be read and noted by those who have some influence, and Stihl will make a U turn on this absurd policy.

PS, quite understand the face to face on new machines, just the parts and sundry items that beggars belief.

To whom it may concern,

I wish to object to your enforcement of a policy to prevent customers buying your products on-line. I feel your decision is incredibly short-sighted and shows an arrogance that is beyond belief. I run the estates teams for a large pharmaceuticals company in the UK which is equipped with your machines. We did actually just buy a new brushcutter from the on-line dealer which supplies our consumable items also. I do not have the time to visit the shop and have found their on-line/phone service to be excellent. I find I get better deals and value from on-line suppliers as well as the convenience to myself. Your decision to force me to use my local dealer means that I will still remain a loyal customer of the on-line supplier but no longer purchase your products. Oregon supply perfectly good kit as regards consumables and,as larger items need replacement, my budget will be spent on Husqvarna and Echo. Why you feel that you can decide for me where I choose to purchase your products is insufferable. I am also not convinced about the legality of your actions, feeling as I do that it represents an unfair restraint of trade.

Your's (an ex-customer),

Alan Lawrence

I run & service 20plus Stihl machines. That is going to become increasingly difficult for me to continue in an efficient & a cost effective manner. The purchase of new machines is one issue, but the restriction in spares & sundries is insane.

The simple fact is that our purchasing policy will change. This will effect what chains we purchase, trousers we wear & what machines we purchase. Our work cannot & will not be disrupted by the abstract policies of a single company.

Well I was considering chopping the 390xp in for a 66, I do like the 66, but given the piss poor standard of my nearest stihl dealer, I will have to travel for parts so I might as well stay with the husky.

The 390 is my first husky in over 2 decades of loyal stihl ownership, I can see the husky thing spreading.

Stihl must have plans to bring their dealer network up to scratch to deal with the local work, that will need to be ASAP

Have run both Stihl and Husky over the last 17 years in business but after troubles with my Huskies over the last couple of years, I was seriously considering repalcing all with Stihl, congratulations you've just changed my mind, as others have said our nearest dealer is 7-8 miles away and expensive and useless for parts etc, all my purchases of parts etc is done online or over the phone to save time and fuel, yours another soon to be ex Stihl customer :sneaky2:

Dear Stihl

I will shop where I choose, not where you dictate.

I own 16 professional Stihl products and 3 Husqvarna. I can easily buy spares for both online, 90 percent of all my business purchases are done online and will continue to be the case. If Stihl want to exclude themselves from that business then so be it.

Hello Stihl,

I was on site the other day and realised that the bar on my Stihl saw needed replacing asap, so I phoned up my favourite dealer on my lunch break and a new bar arrived the next day in the post. I wouldn't have made it to the nearest dealer as I was at work until closing time - and had no guarantee that they would have that particular bar in stock.

May I ask, did you consider what the implications of this new policy were on real life professionals?

I own two Stihl saws and now face alot of hassle, time lost and fuel costs trying to fix them. If this policy continues, I shall have to replace them with Husqvarna saws.