the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

3 days for 2 of us of solid hedge cutting, no tidy up just cut and move on, 2 days on big yew stacks that were planted in 1902 then this monster beech. Iv actually climbed up the middle with the long reach to be able to do the 12' wide top. 12ltrs of aspen used and no bad head's which is about the only bit that don't hurt tonight!

What long reach hedge cutters are you using Mr Git?

3 days for 2 of us of solid hedge cutting, no tidy up just cut and move on, 2 days on big yew stacks that were planted in 1902 then this monster beech. Iv actually climbed up the middle with the long reach to be able to do the 12' wide top. 12ltrs of aspen used and no bad head's which is about the only bit that don't hurt tonight!

Love the finish . Although the best pic is of the terrier :thumbup:

What long reach hedge cutters are you using Mr Git?

It's actually my fs 90r strimmer with the head swapped over to a hedge cutter off a dead Combi system.

The dog is a legend and belong too the head gardener at the property, loves being around people working but hates noise so solution found ;-)

I made the hole's, like a little trap door so I could climb up the middle and poke my head up and do the top in 2 stages, getting down was harder as everything was trying to grab hold of any bit of clothing.

If only they had let me cut down a scabby little plumb tree I could have got cherrypicker in and really done a neat job of the beech, yews were all ladders and long reach as didn't want dints in them from leaning ladders against them like last contracts did. Just found out over a ton of yew clippings which have gon to friendship estates for cancer treatment drugs:thumbup::thumbup: