the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

It's just too hot for working!! Just about to start last job of the day, whatever that might be

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You're right there. I've been servicing one of my machines, just spanner work and even that is hard work.

I'm indoors nursing a cold beer with my lunch now which is much better.

It's just too hot for working!! Just about to start last job of the day, whatever that might be

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

We were knocking over and dismantling mature Connies yesterday, my climber had had enough of it by 2 o clock, the brash draggers had problems keeping upright after mid morning, and I was blinking glad when I turned my chipper off and folded it up at 3. Seldom have I drunk more water.

Quick point, make sure the radiators on your chippers are clear of debris in this weather.

Did that Monday Mick, checked all water levels on all vehicles as well, even in this heat and without the fan on I can't get the landy to run hot with its new Super shiny new radiator, should have changed it ages ago but will probably regret it come winter when the heater is even more pathetic.

http://www.dryadarb.co.uk

If your chipping dead/dying thuja or conny it can block in a matter of hours.

It's what hand held blowers are good at.

Maybe cover half the rad with a bit of cardboard (on the landy)

I used to do that to heat the engine up so it would get through the emissions test.