drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

At work, no drugs no drink.

After work, each to their own.

This industry would collapse if you got rid of all the decent grafters who like a spliff or a few beers after a hard day.

But that's just it isn't it? Drug tests at work will show up drugs used days beforehand....it's very difficult to separate someone who likes a relaxing joint in the evening and someone who's been toking in the van on the way to site.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At work, no drugs no drink.

After work, each to their own.

This industry would collapse if you got rid of all the decent grafters who like a spliff or a few beers after a hard day.

Too true, and considering the money some groundsmen get, I think expecting them to behave like airline pilots off duty is a bit unreasonable.

Hangovers, or still a bit stoned after a heavy night, just a fact of life for lots of people who earn their corn.

But that's just it isn't it? Drug tests at work will show up drugs used days beforehand....it's very difficult to separate someone who likes a relaxing joint in the evening and someone who's been toking in the van on the way to site.

Tough one Paul, and I don't have the answer.

Easy for small companies like mine, nightmare for the big boys.

It's usually quite easy to spot the mongo knob end stumbling around the work site with blood shot eyes.. My last groundy was a night mare if left by himself,I'm guessing and can not prove the first thing he would do is skin up, as soon as he got in his car to go home he had a ready rolled joint I no that but it's in his own time.. Glad he is gone.

Work Hard Party even harder!!!!!!!!!!! Most lads i know who work in this industry like a drink a joint or even a line, as long as there with it on site what's the problem.

They might be with it one day but the next day might have gone too far an had too much, not only a risk to themselves but also endanger others working around them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Work Hard Party even harder!!!!!!!!!!! Most lads i know who work in this industry like a drink a joint or even a line, as long as there with it on site what's the problem.

I'm going to have to disagree. This job is dangerous enough without adding drugs to the equation. Driving the day after a heavy night on the beers is still illegal as the alcohol is still in your system.

Driving while high is the same as drunk driving. Would you get in a taxi if the driver was high?

In your free time it's up to you what you do. But on site clear heads are always needed. Before and during work is always going to be a no no. It's that strange thing that eludes everyone lately, common sense.