drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

You did the right thing! I replaced someone at my old job who was sacked as he smoked a joint on his lunch break, then went up a big willow to reduce it, in the pouring rain!

What people do in they're own time is fine, as long as it doesn't effect their work or the reputation of the company.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why!?

Why call your pcso? What good would that do anyone In the entire world? He smoked a spiff on the way home in his own time? So what? It's his own time.

Drugs arnt my thing but it's someone elses life to do as they please. As long as it doesn't effect my work I don't care.

The problem with a lot of drugs they stay in the system so its hard to say if staff have taken them days (some weeks or months) ago or they have just had them.

In the workplace this situation is not acceptable. If a colleague kills or injures themselves or others and your aware that they are drug users it would be very hard live with yourself.... and in theory be found liable for you inaction. Silence is Consent.

Calling the PCSO seems a little misplaced. I'm sure the school/college and maybe parents would of been a better option. Only thinking what my teachers and parents would of done to me in this situation.....:scared1::scared1::crying::crying:

As we work on rail we have pre employment drug testing and random tests there on. we lost one climber through this who had random test - instant dismissal ! Ive found through the years that weed almost seems acceptable in the arb industry after work etc but it affects you whenever you take it , moods , temperament etc BIG NO !!!

Yep that's right Pete I agree 100% but it would seem dope smoking seems far more acceptable in are job .. I know there are guys reading this who would think nothing of smoking a joint in there break or on the way to work..

:thumbdown:This is what i mean

It amazes me that there isn't more testing. In fact I don't think I have ever heard of testing by any UK employer in this industry. Surely with the cost of insurance and the highly dangerous nature of this work it would be a sensible thing, both from an employers and employees point of view.

Maybe this is something that the AA should be looking at when it comes to accreditation? harsh I know but in these times with H&S red tape and rising cost of insurance can we really afford to ignore it?

sorry if this is not the place to say.

One of my mates was out of work so I thought Id do him a favor and give him a few days work. He made a joke about smoking weed on lunch and I knew he did drugs. witch, I took seriously. He never worked with me again.what would the customer say if he saw?! A good climber need a good groundie, not a druged up liability!