drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone doesn't fit theres no point faffing about.

You did the right thing.

1. He knows for sure that its unacceptable

2. You have acted responsibly to protect the public, yourself and him!

Telling someone they are crap isn't easy sometimes - but not telling them is worse.

With all of the students in the Arborcultural industry looking for work, I bet you can find a replacement ASAP. I would also institute a drug testing policy starting with the replacement hirer,unless you already have one in place?. I am also with Andy on this one as well, Drugs and or alcohol, Your FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

easy-lift guy

We had a work expierience lad that smoked weed on his last day. I couldnt beleive it when he spilt the content of his "pencilcase" across the back of the van. I made a call to my supervisor then to a local PCSO which at the time was searching for heavy drug users. The lad was given a stern talking to by the PCSO and the supervisor. Whats worse is he was smoking a spliff on the way home. Glad we have got rid of him.

We had a work expierience lad that smoked weed on his last day. I couldnt beleive it when he spilt the content of his "pencilcase" across the back of the van. I made a call to my supervisor then to a local PCSO which at the time was searching for heavy drug users. The lad was given a stern talking to by the PCSO and the supervisor. Whats worse is he was smoking a spliff on the way home. Glad we have got rid of him.

Why!?

Why call your pcso? What good would that do anyone In the entire world? He smoked a spiff on the way home in his own time? So what? It's his own time.

Drugs arnt my thing but it's someone elses life to do as they please. As long as it doesn't effect my work I don't care.

This lad sounds like a reckless idiot. Drugs or no drugs you are better of rid,

If he can make the decision to get off your face on a work site the lad is an absolute fool.

The joys of employing people.

Most of us have been drunk, but would we get drunk at work? Doubtful.

I imagine he had a pretty regular habit to think he could get away with it at work.

Testing kits available on line. Get yourself a policy and test at start of employment and after a incident or accident.