Chainsaw Boots.. Why waste the money?

Albedo

Because they are,and better climbers too generally.

Maybeso but they're a disaster for poor finish, harsh on machinery and inept at basic maintenance, at least the ones I deal with.

Back to boots, I still keep a couple of pairs of Eltens for comfort but they lack a steel midsole. I will always prefer a boot with protective midsole over the Eltens unless working in the country whether using a chainsaw or not.

I saw lots of mishaps with cut legs before protective trouser became available and would not use a chainsaw without them or a helmet with muffs and visor.

I did cut my finger with a saw after 30 years when not paying attention but still find it difficult to wear gloves.

I would dearly like to find a walking boot that supports arthritic ankles and don't aggravate plantar fasciitus.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ever needed proof that kiwi treeworkers are better than the rest for christ sake dont watch treequip's 'bombing out' vid

it's quite possibly the greatest spectacle of rank amateurism ever committed to digital video

it doesn't matter who it was that was climbing either, mike hill (kiwi) was the gaffer on that job. The whole approach was as pathetic a display of half baked treework you'll ever see, in fact it should go to the top of the guiness book of records 'worst treework ever seen' category, replacing all of old murph's vids.

I love a straight talker... :thumbup1:

What do you think about chainsaw boots?:001_smile:

I wouldn't waste money on ' going out shoes' as I don't go out much and it's maybe for 4 hours every couple of months.

Work boots are on my feet from 7.30am until I get home.

I have £80 rigger boots, £100 Wellies, 2. Pairs of chainsaw boots. £80 and £220, £150 walking boots, £100 trainers £30 slippers and Josh's boots he left at my house for the odd night out lol.

I value my feet, I like to keep them well looked after.

I like nice things, I enjoy spending a lot of money on work stuff. I enjoy having roasting toasting feet in winter, airy feet in summer and not squashed feet jamming them in conifers.

HI STEPHEN i think your right there mate but thats just me :thumbup1:so i think it up to you if you like to pay £200/300 on boot the old saying is get what you pay for my wifes going out boots was £300 plus so i think £200 plus work boots is ok but then thats just me :thumbup1:jon :thumbup:

i think they are worth every penny,after reading arb climber issue 1,where a pic of a guy using normal work boots almost lost his big toe...:001_rolleyes:

This is the kind of thing where everyone has a right to make a decision.

I would hate to be blamed for someone losing a toe as a result of my thread on arbtalk.

I am interested in other peoples point of view.

The response has been surprising so far in that some people agree with me for one reason or another.

I am not going to argue or force my view though.

Excellent derails too.:001_smile:

Maybeso but they're a disaster for poor finish, harsh on machinery and inept at basic maintenance, at least the ones I deal with.

Back to boots, I still keep a couple of pairs of Eltens for comfort but they lack a steel midsole. I will always prefer a boot with protective midsole over the Eltens unless working in the country whether using a chainsaw or not.

I saw lots of mishaps with cut legs before protective trouser became available and would not use a chainsaw without them or a helmet with muffs and visor.

I did cut my finger with a saw after 30 years when not paying attention but still find it difficult to wear gloves.

I would dearly like to find a walking boot that supports arthritic ankles and don't aggravate plantar fasciitus.

I don't know how you can say that, of you didn't take care of your machines you wouldn't be able to do this with them.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/andytree/A87D8BC2-76A0-4A36-A8D0-E459AF83F3A7-1282-000002532A5C65D2.mp4

Edited by treequip

I love a straight talker... :thumbup1:

What do you think about chainsaw boots?:001_smile:

was joking about mike's vid :001_smile::biggrin:

chainsaw boots? never wore them in the states, have always wore them here, it's a cultural thing isn't it, different factors in different countries ie climate/temperature, government legislation/guidelines, insurance, training etc