Chainsaw Boots.. Why waste the money?

Albedo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to HASAWA and provision and use of PPE. What i mean is where do you stand if you were swooped on by the HSE executive and you weren't wearing chainsaw boots. Seeing as they are terrible for running away in what would be the course of action :laugh1:

As far as I can remember, as a worker responsible for your own safety you would be in the smelly stuff but if you are employed, your employer would be in the firing line. It also follows that if you employed somebody and either didn't provide the correct PPE or make sure that they use what is provided, you would be in trouble with the HSE. :001_smile:

After reading a very heated thread Im going to join in :001_tongue:

IMO chainsaw boots are one of the most important bits of clothing to consider, as most of us all work a 5 day week of at least 8 to 10 hours on our feet walking or moving about, the boots not only offer the chainsaw protection but are supportive in the anckle due to their higher cut I always look for them sorts of boots as on many occasions i have gone down rabbit holes of what not and could damage anckle if i was not wearing a supportive boot.....

yes i understand that the price of PPE may seem extreme but wearing it all day every day you want it to be comfortable and safe. you guys never have problems spending loads of money on shiney new climbing gear me included but at the end of the day i would happly spend money on keeping my feet warm and dry in chainsaw boots than cheap toe tectors that break in half the time.

For me, i prefer wearing my Scarpas in the tree, work positioning is key for me. I cannot remember the last time i needed to cut near my feet up a tree. On the ground when felling and snedding its a must i think pointing the saw towards the ground you'd be silly not to take adequate precautions to protect against that. Rigging i always wear them too, mainly for the steel protection in the toes.

As for Aussies and Kiwis, They are superb climbers but many a time have seen them have a complete mare of a time in an epicormic ridden lime tree. But then they laugh at me when they do big jumps on open planes and i well not so much.

Thats what I think spend £150/200 on a pair of top chainsaw boots which are falling apart within six months so are not offering full protection. When a good pair of leather boots with steel caps will last a year no problem. Saying this I always buy and wear haix boots think the issue really is the quality of the boots have dropped.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

depends on the boot, my Meindl airstreams have listed nearly 2 years (still going too, the uppers are perfect but i'm going to need a re-sole soonish)

i see that as value for money, especially when they are so darn comfy and i even wear them for walking!

depends on the boot, my Meindl airstreams have listed nearly 2 years (still going too, the uppers are perfect but i'm going to need a re-sole soonish)

i see that as value for money, especially when they are so darn comfy and i even wear them for walking!

AIRSTREAMS ARE A WIN WIN WIN!:cool::cool::cool:

I'm in the same boat. Mine will be up for a resole too soon. Still bone dry even though the sole is starting to pell off from the toe.

I wear mine whenever I work. Tree work or not. Never had a comfier pair of work boots.