Burning on site

mikecotterill

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys what's the rules on burning waste on site? I thought it was ok but a customer has said its not? I'm in Manchester if it makes any difference.

It comes down to nuisance, clean air act, local byelaws and whether you are emitting dark smoke.

If you don't contravene any of the above then you may burn up to 10 tonnes of plant material produced on the site ( but not imported from another place) on an open fire, but not in a technical device, in a 24 hour period.

You will need an exemption to do it.

I have yet to hear of anyone being stopped from burning arb arisings from sites.

Used to be up to 5 tonnes/day of clean green if it was not nuisance causing, but the goalposts shift all the time.

I do it all the time in the sticks, but wouldn't in a built up area.

I have left large amounts of arisings for the homeowner to burn a fair few times.

There have been threads on this before.

Stihl or Husky would be easier to answer, or what trousers/boots/harness/cock-ring should I get.

Surely use common sense.

No point saying it's OK to burn 10 tonnes when the smoke is blowing across a major road.

Have to say it really p's me off when people burn when the weather is good - high pressure, no wind, green wood, no bonfire skills. But I do realise that some people get off on this sort of behaviour

It comes down to nuisance, clean air act, local byelaws and whether you are emitting dark smoke.

If you don't contravene any of the above then you may burn up to 10 tonnes of plant material produced on the site ( but not imported from another place) on an open fire, but not in a technical device, in a 24 hour period.

You will need an exemption to do it.

I have yet to hear of anyone being stopped from burning arb arisings from sites.

Very good post.:thumbup1: