How many hours do you sleep?

Arran Turner

I need 7 - 8 a night to keep me going on a work day and sleep the same if not an hour longer when not working the next day. Talked to some people who only sleeps 4 hours a night and still does a physical job :confused1: baffled to how people can do it? lots of coffee and redbull? high on life :001_cool:?:confused1:

What about you folks?:001_smile:

Arran

Need 9 hours (don't tell me I don't, heard all that crap before) but rarely get it. The saying "an hour before midnight is worth two after" is VERY true for me; my sister is an owl, rarely in bed before 2am and sleeps all weekend. Try to tell her, but she just dismisses what imo is common sense and guess what she is getting lots of mystery conditions and is chronically fatigued. :001_rolleyes: Ideally 10 - 7. When I was a student in my 3rd year I slept solidly from 9:30 pm until 7:30am routinely; lots of quality sleep and boy, I felt fabulous - full of life.

i have about 6ish hrs a night depending on whats to do the next day :)

I think that would almost kill me; I've had the yellow vision, fatigue shakes, it is indiscribably horrible.

5-6 hours, plenty for me, get an extra hour at the weekend.

I'm just used to it:biggrin:

oh my, how???!!! :confused1:

8 - 10 if I'm at home, less when I'm away for work. My friends think I'm a loser for going to bed so early but I like it and have no issues getting up in the morning.

Eat right, sleep right, no need for red bull or similars

:thumbup:

quite often in bed at 9,love it

Oh, I dream of that, sounds lovely.

Depends hw long the missus makes me go for :001_rolleyes:

Married to a late-nighter; makes noise til the early hours, maddening.

Everybody is different, but in general I think the human body likes routine - ie go to bed at the same time every day and get up at the same time. Find if I lie in, end up feeling a bit out of it for a while.

Also, as the saying goes - early to bed, early to rise makes you healthy, wealthy and wise. Tried the staying up late and getting up late, but my body at least does not cope as well with that.

Your body will tell you what it prefers - if you listen to it!!

Late to late for me = illness and depleted immune function. Early seems to be the absolute key. Aye lie ins = headache and yuck feeling.

Good thread.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to tell her, but she just dismisses what imo is common sense and guess what she is getting lots of mystery conditions and is chronically fatigued.

How old is your sister? I only ask as my sister suffered from chronic tiredness for a couple of years before being diagnosed with Lupus (Q & A Overview). I wouldnt wish this illness on anyone, its horrible but can be controlled. Normally effects females in late teens or early twenties.

Back to the thread, I need 8hrs minimum, otherwise i am absolute dog shite the next day. Safe to say harvest time really buggers me up!

How old is your sister? I only ask as my sister suffered from chronic tiredness for a couple of years before being diagnosed with Lupus (Q & A Overview). I wouldnt wish this illness on anyone, its horrible but can be controlled. Normally effects females in late teens or early twenties.

Back to the thread, I need 8hrs minimum, otherwise i am absolute dog shite the next day. Safe to say harvest time really buggers me up!

Late 30's. "absolute dog shite the next day" - so true.

Seriously, sleep deprivation is a killer.

I reckon the hours you miss out on stack up, and take years off your life.

Mind you, they're only the shitty ones at the end....:laugh1:

Quite right there.

I have about 6 hours. I could have a little longer but I like to get up about an hour and a half to two hours before work, have a nice relaxed breakfast watching fishing, bike racing or something funny, no better way to start the day than laughing. No rush getting tools into car and always leave in plenty of time for wherever I'm working, can't stand being late, it's only happened a few times in my life and it's made me feel bad for a few days so try my darn-est it doesn't happen again! I do more often-than-not get to work a tad too early but always take a cup of tea with me and enjoy it listening to the radio outside in my car, or some folk are up anyway so have a brew with them and a chat and giggle. I'm never tired and always happy, best way to be:001_smile:

I hit the sack about 9.30 and get up just before 6 but I very rarely sleep right through. I wake up several times a night. Sinus issues mean a can only sleep on one side. I also had a head injury when I was young which has short circuited something in my head. Small consant noises now wake me up and get in my head until that's all i can hear. Dripping taps, stereo bass, ticking clocks even the very faint whirring of an electrical timer on the bedroom heater. Drives me insane and leaves me exhausted some days.

weekends = about 6 hours

weekdays= about 8 hours

I do tend to get up as soon as I wake and in the summer that can be 5am

Nothing worse than waiting for the alarm to sound knowing you've got a set time to get up and ready for work. Much prefer just pootling around waiting for everyone else to get up (that doesn't include the youngest who will lie in till as late as possible)