Go on then, What was your best Present??

Tommy_B

1 hour ago, peds said:

The kids were fairly pleased with their climbing frame beds.

I definitely shouldn't have assumed the floor would be flat or the ceiling level in this old cottage, but a bit of jiggery-pokery got it in. 

A lot of the timber is reclaimed from big pallets, all the steel bars are scrap from work. 

20211224_214652.thumb.jpg.5b0a1b7bc7b116482fc37ed2ac9aa56c.jpg

That looks brilliant. Would have loved one of those as a kid..........still would 😆

Thanks, the idea of a flip saw appealed owing to space but you are probably right.

Seen a SIP 305mm sliding mitre saw for sale locally secondhand; looks like it’s a bit vintage but solid so am hoping to go and have a look at that.

The long term plan is to build myself a workshop so I’m hoping the mitre saw will come in useful for the projects along the way, then can be put in the workshop with a separate table saw or bandsaw.
I have a dedicated metabo bench saw, and a 305mm mitre saw, but I still find myself looking at flip saws. I think under the right circumstances, they can be a brilliant addition to any workshop.

I have a dedicated metabo bench saw, and a 305mm mitre saw, but I still find myself looking at flip saws. I think under the right circumstances, they can be a brilliant addition to any workshop.

Unless you need it to move it around m, or are tight for space (which I guess not, if you’ve got separate saws already), I’m genuinely curious - what additional functionality would a flip saw give you?

36 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:
12 hours ago, djbobbins said:

Thanks, the idea of a flip saw appealed owing to space but you are probably right.

Seen a SIP 305mm sliding mitre saw for sale locally secondhand; looks like it’s a bit vintage but solid so am hoping to go and have a look at that.

The long term plan is to build myself a workshop so I’m hoping the mitre saw will come in useful for the projects along the way, then can be put in the workshop with a separate table saw or bandsaw.

Read more  

I really like Metabo I've got their 10" planer amongst other stuff,  my neighbour has their table saw and I'm fairly impressed with that.

Shop for Metabo MPTTKHS315C TKHS 315 C Table Saw 2000W 240V online at the best prices! Free Delivery and...

• Like 2

Unless you need it to move it around m, or are tight for space (which I guess not, if you’ve got separate saws already), I’m genuinely curious - what additional functionality would a flip saw give you?
My workshop is basically my single car garage. So as you quite rightly guess, I am short on space. If I need to use any of my saws I need to set them up outside. Which if its raining is a big no no. I make a lot of craft like stuff, so a flip saw would work well for quite a lot of what I do. However, it would never replace dedicated machines.

I really like Metabo I've got their 10" planer amongst other stuff,  my neighbour has their table saw and I'm fairly impressed with that.

MPTTKHS315C__46634.1622635390.380.507.jpg?c=2 WWW.TOOLDEN.CO.UK
Shop for Metabo MPTTKHS315C TKHS 315 C Table Saw 2000W 240V online at the best prices! Free Delivery and...  
I have that exact same model.