Go on then, What was your best Present??

Tommy_B

14 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:
On 26/12/2021 at 21:03, Macpherson said:
I really like Metabo I've got their 10" planer amongst other stuff,  my neighbour has their table saw and I'm fairly impressed with that.

MPTTKHS315C__46634.1622635390.380.507.jpg?c=2 WWW.TOOLDEN.CO.UK
Shop for Metabo MPTTKHS315C TKHS 315 C Table Saw 2000W 240V online at the best prices! Free Delivery and...  

I have that exact same model.

Are you happy with it, I find there stuff fairly solid well designed and mid priced compared to Dewalt etc.

I recently bought one of their hammer drills which I'm also pleased with so it's the table saw next👍

Are you happy with it, I find there stuff fairly solid well designed and mid priced compared to Dewalt etc.

I recently bought one of their hammer drills which I'm also pleased with so it's the table saw next[emoji106]
Yes I really like metabo stuff. I have quite a bit of cordless stuff, as well as the bench saw and planer thicknesser. I never hesitate to recommend metabo to anyone.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:
3 hours ago, Macpherson said:

I recently bought one of their hammer drills which I'm also pleased with so it's the table saw nextemoji106.png

Read more  

Yes I really like metabo stuff. I have quite a bit of cordless stuff, as well as the bench saw and planer thicknesser. I never hesitate to recommend metabo to anyone.

35 Years as a chippy and can honestly say one make i have never used. Been around all the time i have been working so must be quality 

• Like 1

35 Years as a chippy and can honestly say one make i have never used. Been around all the time i have been working so must be quality 
The cordless stuff is very reliable. They're not as comfortable in the hand as say makita, but they are built like a tank, used and abused in all weather , dropped, bashed, you name it and they just keep going. The weak point is the batteries, for some reason they just don't seem to last.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:
26 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

The cordless stuff is very reliable. They're not as comfortable in the hand as say makita, but they are built like a tank, used and abused in all weather , dropped, bashed, you name it and they just keep going. The weak point is the batteries, for some reason they just don't seem to last.

Never see that main stream trade guys use them funny enough

15 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Yep, while I do work with wood it's generally only for myself so I can't really justify the absolute top of the range makes although I do use corded Dewalt grinders as I do a lot of stonework and they're a cut above anything else I've used.

I found Metabo probably 7 years ago with their thicknesser planer which at the time was a toss up between them and Scheppach and I don't regret my choice, and as things need replaced they've be come my go to brand.

18 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:
41 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

You may have just answered the question I was going to ask you, my aging Makita old red battery stuff is needing replaced and I was / am thinking of metabo but I'll need to do a bit of research.... with Makita I've gone through 2 lots of 2 batteries in 14 years, the 2nd being aftermarket which I can't complain about. [ only cordless drills ]

So in your opinion [ and I know it's an impossible question ] how much less do you think the batteries last and if just comparing the tools, longevity / robustness / power of motor, which would you rate highest.. and or any other recommendations ?

It's a big decision as you know, once you go down a route with a particular battery then all your tools follow.  

For much of my stuff I've remained corded simply so that I have the power I need, cheers.