waste carriers licence

Peter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that bit about "non construction and demolition waste" where I have trouble. Most of our stuff is just garden waste, but then that doesn't include old fencing and concrete posts and bricks from taking down old wall and cement bags and scrap metal pulled out of gardens and stuff like that. If work involves transport of solely green stuff then it would be well handy. You've still got to be careful though if taking stuff to a yard though in terms of it possibly being seen as a "waste transfer station" or some such malarkey and EA don't like piles of woodchip etc near watercourses.

It tells you on the environment agency website that a tree surgeon carrying green waste doesn't need a WCL:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/static/documents/Business/Who_should_register.pdf

Scroll down to page 4 and says that trees surgeons with green waste don't need a WCL until after December 2013! I have printed this off and keep a copy in the truck just incase i get pulled. :thumbup:

I have put this link up before on here but people still don't believe it because "mr environment agency" has told them they need one! If its in back and white on their website, they haven't got a leg to stand on.

For those of you who have bought one, i would fight it out to get a refund out of principle!

The thing that really make laugh is that a WCL can only stop fly tipping if all the legislation is enforced.

Its not just a case of getting a WCL, you are supposed to get a ticket off the producer of the wast and one from where you take it to.

What on earth is the point of a piece of paper??? how does stop anything????

Edited by skyhuck

The thing that really make laugh is that a WCL can only stop fly tipping if all the legislation is enforced.

Its not just a case of getting a WCL, you are supposed to get a ticket off the producer of the wast and one from where you take it to.

What on earth is the point of a piece of paper??? how does stop anything????

The police and VOSA and EA have been pretty active around these parts. If someone who is carrying waste does not have a WCL then the authorities at least have reasonable cause to prosecute. While it won't stop flytipping (as most is done by people who done give a stuff anyway), it can help to reduce it and better awareness of stuff like WCL means homeowners might be a bit more thoughtful about who they have taking their waste away.

HOWEVER, the biggest problem is that the local authorities make it an absolute nightmare for people to access waste disposal/recycling facilities. I've got a trailer load of my own stuff sitting on my drive at the moment. It's only approx 300kg of stuff from the extension I'm building on back of my house. My local domestic tip won't let me in at all with a trailer even though the amount in it is small, my next nearest tip state no trailers over 4ft long, and mine is just over 6 feet long, and the commercial facility want £60/ton with minimum charge for 1ton! My easiest bet would be to drive along the road with the back down!

The police and VOSA and EA have been pretty active around these parts. If someone who is carrying waste does not have a WCL then the authorities at least have reasonable cause to prosecute. While it won't stop flytipping (as most is done by people who done give a stuff anyway), it can help to reduce it and better awareness of stuff like WCL means homeowners might be a bit more thoughtful about who they have taking their waste away.

HOWEVER, the biggest problem is that the local authorities make it an absolute nightmare for people to access waste disposal/recycling facilities. I've got a trailer load of my own stuff sitting on my drive at the moment. It's only approx 300kg of stuff from the extension I'm building on back of my house. My local domestic tip won't let me in at all with a trailer even though the amount in it is small, my next nearest tip state no trailers over 4ft long, and mine is just over 6 feet long, and the commercial facility want £60/ton with minimum charge for 1ton! My easiest bet would be to drive along the road with the back down!

get a mini skip in job done

So the cowboy gets a WCL, what stops him from then fly tipping????

So the cowboy gets a WCL, what stops him from then fly tipping????

Because he is now so proud of his portfolio of certificates and magnetic sign writing that he will keep his nose clean. Guild of master craftsman, check a trade, WCL, burning licence, insurance and tax oh sorry forget the last two they never bother with them.