waste carriers licence

Peter

Next they will only let us use rubber chains.

It does get beyond the joke all the red tape crap.

You need insurance to blow your nose incase some one else gets ill lol.

We dont carry waste we carry recycled wood for re-use in horse mennages composting mulching logs for burning.

Untill they get rid of pikey firms etc it will never work

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

I got fined and had to pay out £300 but think it was halfed if payed within 14 days or something? The waste was some old metal fence's and posts which was actually in transport on back of my truck to my stables. Couple weeks later I got stopped leaving an industrial estate with 2 bales of hay on the back and they (enviroment agency) stopped me to investigate my load, and warned me i could get fined! They apologised after i flipped out and let me go. LOL

I service generators and change the oil and antifreeze because the waste is created in the course of my work its my waste and I do not need a wcl.

I collect arb arisings which I turn into logs and deliver no waste there.

I collect joinery offcuts and turn into kindling with kindlet untreated and non hazardous no wate there.

Do I have a wcl yes because you try arguing the toss with one of these pale faced weedy clip board carriers at the side of the road. The first 3 years is £150 then if you renew in time its £100. The extra paper in the back of one of my service agreements seems to impress some customers like a wcl actually means something other than had £100 2 years ago. :lol:

I don't have one but probably should, its clearly there to stop illegal dumping, personally I think that every transit tipper should have one as there most likely to be carrying waste at some point.

And then when people carrying waste are caught with out one they should be tarred and feathered with and there wagons burnt at the roadside.

Because I get fed up with seeing dodgy transit vans with loads of connie which I know I'll see tommorow dumped in a gateway.

If you can't afford £150 in this game then you have issues.

The EA should just clearly state - Tree surgeons do your bit and get one

I carry logs and unchipped brash from jobs. The logs go to my girlfriend's parents' house and the rest goes to a licensed Green Waste site. The brash I leave at the Green Waste site is processed into bio-mass by the site owner who sells it on, but I pay him to dump it. Do I need a WCL as the waste I leave will be sold on by the receiver? :confused1:

I carry logs and unchipped brash from jobs. The logs go to my girlfriend's parents' house and the rest goes to a licensed Green Waste site. The brash I leave at the Green Waste site is processed into bio-mass by the site owner who sells it on, but I pay him to dump it. Do I need a WCL as the waste I leave will be sold on by the receiver? :confused1:

Yes you do as the brash is classed as waste. A guy round this way had his van impounded & a nice fine a few years back. Although in 6 years since ive had a WCL ive only once been asked for the number off the certificate from a tip site.

A guy round here who used to work with us in the past then went off solo got busted back in the summer. Small truck and small trailer, carrying green waste. There is a bit of land that he has permission from landowner to use for composting. He attracted attention to himself though my burning green waste every few weeks (the thicker stuff that was no good for composting, and it wasn't chipped as he doesn't have a chipper). He got a letter threatening prosecution from the EA, and then shortly after also got pulled over carrying green waste - they asked him where he was taking it and he said "to my yard". So there's then another problem with the yard being used as a waste transfer station. He should have said he was going to the composting facility!

We do have a WCL. As yet, we haven't been pulled over and asked to show it, and we haven't been asked to show it at the composting facility. The only times, so far, that we've had to produce it is at the waste recycling centre when we've taken old fencing, plastic cement bags, and all sorts of non-compostable waste from landscaping in there.

It's definitely worth having - yeah, I know it can be seen as an extra tax, but at £150 for 3 years, then £100 to renew, it's far better than the stress of wondering whether you're going to get pulled over with that big heap of stuff in the trailer and in the truck. And it also puts the customer at rest when you can show that you're a licensed waste carrier. There have been cases around here in Brighton area where homeowners have been prosecuted and fined £5k for fly-tipping even though they'd paid "Mick" to take the rubbish away - the homeowner is responsible for that waste still, and if "Mick" dumps it in a layby then it comes back to the the customer.