Drey poking?

elicokiz

I've shot and trapped tens of thousands of squirrels and it's amazing how many males have been castrated!!

Thats because they LOVE nuts, I guess if they are really peckish they eat their own or those of a friend :biggrin:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i ran my own widlife management company for 8 years and found the best way to sort grays was with the 12 bore and some heavy cartrages same goes for rookeries. and as for falling kittens. a terrier makes short work of them.:bluboomteamenforcer: or even 2gunsfiring_v1:

Really?

But they if they were in the wild already then surely your not releasing them?

I did work with a guy who took one home as a pet once. It was very small and he had to bottle feed it. It would go to the pub on his shoulder and run round stealing peanuts of everybody! Then he would call it and it would jump on his shoulder and go home!!

Until it discovered lady squirrels and then he never saw it again!

was his name Wayne by any chance?

I felled the top out of a conny once and a grey legged it when it hit the deck, unharmed. My groundy checked and there were 3 or 4 newborn kits spilled out. He was searching for a suitable stick to dispatch them with but before he could find one my lab ate them alive. Glad there were no kids watching that one.

Greys need controlling, and I've shot hundreds, but if I know a drey is 'live' I prefer to move the work if I can.

It's not good practice from a vermin control point of view, but killing any young just isn't my thing. I've gone well soft in my old age.

I felled the top out of a conny once and a grey legged it when it hit the deck, unharmed. My groundy checked and there were 3 or 4 newborn kits spilled out. He was searching for a suitable stick to dispatch them with but before he could find one my lab ate them alive. Glad there were no kids watching that one.

Greys need controlling, and I've shot hundreds, but if I know a drey is 'live' I prefer to move the work if I can.

It's not good practice from a vermin control point of view, but killing any young just isn't my thing. I've gone well soft in my old age.

soft? you ha ........:biggrin:

my ferrets think i've been brainwashed by the easter bunny.....don't know if they would remember what a rabbit taste like, same here though paul maisy has made me go all soft???

soft? you ha ........:biggrin:

my ferrets think i've been brainwashed by the easter bunny.....don't know if they would remember what a rabbit taste like, same here though paul maisy has made me go all soft???

you cant blame your kids for making you soft. my six year old daughter is pestering me for a shot gun cus she is fed up of having to work my ferrets whilst i shoot. so if any body is selling a very small built break action 410... PM me the details.

Ive always used the P.T.T.T.C method!

Pop them through the chipper!