One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

The cans are made of the same material as milk bottles and can be recycled with your household waste. I have been putting one in my domestic collection each week just to prove it. Remove the wrap first and take the lid off.

However mine all usually go in my commercial recycling biffa bin. I offer this service f.o.c. to my customers too. They leave their empties when they collect their new stock.

The cans are made of the same material as milk bottles and can be recycled with your household waste. I have been putting one in my domestic collection each week just to prove it. Remove the wrap first and take the lid off.

However mine all usually go in my commercial recycling biffa bin. I offer this service f.o.c. to my customers too. They leave their empties when they collect their new stock.

While I accept your doing exactly the right thing.:thumbup1:

This is a perfect example of how stupid our modern world is and the so call progress :001_rolleyes:

Why on earth are they not using refillable containers and getting them refilled? Its utterly bonkers :001_rolleyes:

While I accept your doing exactly the right thing.:thumbup1:

This is a perfect example of how stupid our modern world is and the so call progress :001_rolleyes:

Why on earth are they not using refillable containers and getting them refilled? Its utterly bonkers :001_rolleyes:

I see where you are coming from Dave and i sort of feel the same.

But when I think about it I realise its not so daft. Just imagine the cost incurred to us to buy/rent space to store the empties (a full lorry load), then to package them on pallets ready for collection. Then someone pays for a lorry to come and collect them and take them by road and sea back to Sweden (massive amounts of fuel burnt here).

Then the space, staff and energy needed at the Aspen factory to sort them and reject any damaged ones (most will look a bit less than new). Then the cost of sterilising them prior to refilling, as Aspen is a very pure substance and needs clean cans.

Much cheaper to produce new, clean cans and responsibly recycle the empties closer to home and probably more environmentally friendly.

Probably why we no longer return milk bottles or beer bottles too.

I can sort of see using aspen in your saw is better for your lungs, but your lungs have to suffer its production and distribution, in throw away containers??

We have lots to learn, the distribution of aspen must drag it down on the environmental front alone, one tanker full compared to two artics of cans..... someone else can do the maths!

Edited by Mull

I can sort of see using aspen in your saw is better for your lungs, but your lungs have to suffer its production and distribution, in throw away containers??

We have lots to learn, the distribution of aspen must drag it down on the environmental front alone, one tanker full compared to two artics of cans..... someone else can do the maths!

It will come in time. In Sweden and the Netherlands many vendors have Aspen by pump. But their users are way ahead of us in appreciating the benefits and the volume sold is much greater than the UK

The arguments against the use of Aspen are changing. Not long ago it was the lack of local dealers; now; with 350 ish dealers that is sorted, so the next thing to moan about is packaging. If there was only pump supply there would be many less outlets.

Do you by any chance ever drink bottled water?

ah but what if you could fill the bottles at the dealers from drums, the drums you sell are great but too bulky for small users so by filling the bottles it is environmentally friendlier

Dealers would need to have a calibrated pump like the ones at fuel stations and you could have a card payment system and self service to save them time.