One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Just to clarify, the current RRP for a 5l can of Aspen2 is £18.98, and Aspen4 is a little less at £18.49 (prices include vat)

You will find some dealers offer it a little cheaper, whilst some others see the need to markup the price. 

However, most dealers will sell at the RRP.

Some may offer a small discount for multiple units. We offer 5% discount for 3 cans or more, up to 54cans.

At 54 cans, the bulk user rate kicks in. As the rate only applies if bought from a local dealer you will need to check with them for that price.

As I said earlier, despite the price, the product just carries on increasing in popularity, and more customers than ever before are taking advantage of the bulk user discounts.

Ask your dealer for a price unless you are close to me, then ask me!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, billpierce said:

What do you sell 54 cans at?

From his previous post 1 x 5L can = 18.98

54 cans = £1024.92

Less 3% for more than 3 cans = £994.18

270 liters @ £3.68/L  (£3.07 + vat) = 314.53% more than Tescos finest (£1.17 here)

To be fair you would need to add 5liters of 2 stroke (£16) so it's 'give or take a baw hair', three times more expensive. And you can't buy 270 liters of petrol at a petrol station, nor can you store more than 30L at home, (20L in steel and 10L in plastic cans) but you can store up to 275L of 'fuel' at your premises as long as ... " You notify your local Petroleum Enforcement Authority in writing, giving your name and address as the occupier of the storage place or the address where the petrol is stored. "

12 minutes ago, Mik the Miller said:

From his previous post 1 x 5L can = 18.98

54 cans = £1024.92

Less 3% for more than 3 cans = £994.18

270 liters @ £3.68/L  (£3.07 + vat) = 314.53% more than Tescos finest (£1.17 here)

To be fair you would need to add 5liters of 2 stroke (£16) so it's 'give or take a baw hair', three times more expensive. And you can't buy 270 liters of petrol at a petrol station, nor can you store more than 30L at home, (20L in steel and 10L in plastic cans) but you can store up to 275L of 'fuel' at your premises as long as ... " You notify your local Petroleum Enforcement Authority in writing, giving your name and address as the occupier of the storage place or the address where the petrol is stored. "

Almost correct Mik, but the discount I offer for 3 or more cans is 5%, not 3%.  But this only applies up to 54 cans. 

54 cans or more make up a small pallet and as such are subject to 'bulk user' discounts.

Although each deal is down to the local dealer, you should be able to buy 54 cans for a shade under £13 plus vat each, with free delivery.

Admittedly its still nearly 3 times the price of pump fuel, but its not pump fuel. Aspen should not be compared to pump fuel on price alone, there are many benefits that are difficult to put a price on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nepia said:

From the Aspen website; 54 cans @ £837.21 incl VAT.

Haha, me trying to be discreet for the sake of other dealers! I know a lot about the product, but should have known the Aspen website better!

So there you go guys, get your orders into your local dealers tomorrow and you will have your fuel on Friday.

Having read a lot about Aspen and finding that my local dealer stocked it I decided to give it a crack. I bought 15 cans and was given a good discount. I enjoyed using it but winced filling up the big saws, brush cutters or backpack blower. It was certainly nicer to handle than petrol and I expect it is good for the engines but the sheer cost has put me off. As said above it's about 3x the cost of pump petrol. In 10 years of using petrol I've never had a carb issue so for me I can't justify it. Halve the price and I'll be on board!

I started to contemplate the real cost of pump petrol.

Just suppose you have three guys on their way to the job in the van. They dont need diesel but are low on petrol so they divert to the garage and fill the cans.

It takes about 10 minutes to fill and pay, but the guys should really be on the job at £20 per hour each, so the three of them are losing £1 per minute, so £10 lost earnings. 

But you are also paying them £10 per hour each, so have paid them collectively £5 to get fuel.

So its cost £15 to get the petrol, assuming that the garage was beside the road they were travelling, but if it was 10 minutes off their route, (and 10 minutes back) then there is another £30 on top (plus diesel)

And of course, most guys go into the shop for pies and coffee, and maybe a paper. so there is often a bit more time spent in the layby up the road drinking the coffee and eating, but we wont cost that, after all its a perk, isn't it.

So a 20 litre can of fuel at £25 may now have cost £70, which is £8 more than 20 litres of Aspen at the bulk rate.

The Aspen could have been grabbed from the store in the yard, alleviating the need for a garage break. :001_rolleyes:

Just a light hearted take on this, but maybe there are some extra costs involved with petrol which we care to ignore.

• Like 2