One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

It appears that " Eddie " has quite working for Aspen . Good luck to him in his new job anyway . 

Just to clarify, yes, Eddie has indeed resigned from his postition with Aspen. Eddie was the first representative employed by Anglo American Oil specifically to promote Aspen fuels to the dealer network.

Eddie brought with him a wealth of knowledge on small engines having owned his own garden machinery repair business for several years, and having worked with various dealers too.

He travelled the length and breadth of the country for around 3 years visiting dealers and attending shows and it is mainly due to his efforts that Aspen has become more popular with dealers and users alike.

In the early spring of this year Eddie decided to leave his employment to pursue other interests closer to his home and young family.

Two new reps have been appointed to cover the country and they started in April, but one of the guys has unfortunately been off work with a back problem for several months leaving some of the country without cover in the short term.

Eddie took with him his wealth of technical knowledge which was helpful to both dealers and end users. To ensure continuation of technical help I have been appointed as Dealer Technical Consultant, a service I offer whilst still operating my own business.

Should any Arbtalk members require  assistance that they cannot get from their dealer please feel free to PM me. If its technical I will do my best to answer, or if its more general then I can confer with Axel to get you an answer.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2017 at 17:44, Stubby said:

Any one know if a new  rep for West Sussex will be appointed ? Used to get my Aspen from DM chainsaws but they not seen a rep in months and have run out .

Hi Stubby,

I'm sorry that you arent able to get Aspen from DM chainsaws at this moment in time, fortunately there are a few other stockists in your area which can be found on our website https://aspenfuel.co.uk/where-to-buy/

in addition to what Barrie has already said, we have had a very busy year here at AAOIL with Aspen sales rapidly increasing and taking on new members of staff that require training. I personally cover the small area which covers DM chainsaws and i will try to catch up with them soon to find out why they haven't got any stock at the moment. As Barrie already pointed out however, it only takes about a minute for a dealer to place an order with us and have it within a couple of days B|

Whilst Eddie doesn't work for us any longer, you will still find him championing Aspen at his new job at Chichester farm machinery which coincidentally isn't so far from you!

Axel 

Edited by Aspen@AAOIL

• 2 months later...

This thread seems to have gone a little stale lately, unlike Aspen which does not go stale!

In the early days of this thread there were very few Aspen users and many doubters, but over time things have changed and many more users appreciate the benefits of this incredible fuel. Our own sales of fuel continue to rise and my customers simply love using Aspen.

So I thought I would bump this thread and would love to hear your current thoughts, both good and bad, or even confused, on the subject of Aspen fuel.

Bring it on!

24 minutes ago, sime42 said:

IMO;- I love the concept of Aspen as a fuel, but I hate the difficulty of getting hold of it and I hate the price of it. Apologies, I know these points are always raised. Is any progress being made on improving either problem?

Glad you like the idea. I don't think the price will drop, but there are good discounts available for bulk users. 

With around 350 outlets availability should not be an issue, as every dealer has the option to have it sent directly to their customers. Ask them for details and costs.

11 hours ago, GardenKit said:

This thread seems to have gone a little stale lately, unlike Aspen which does not go stale!

Well I beg to differ.

I noticed my little saws were getting hard to start and eventually I couldn't get my 170 going, then my 240 then the 360 started playing up,  the 660 and the 880 were fine however. I put the little one up on the shelf and after some messing about (and the fact the i'd run out of Alkylate) i filled the 240 with std fuel/oil mix - bit of adjustment of the needles (which i'd been twiddling with) she ran fine. The 360 was filled with Tescos finest and she was much better. I pulled the 170 down and used std fuel and into life she sprang.

The fuel still burns, I used the last few liters to light a fire and it went satifyingly WOOF!

The Aspen was at least 2 years old (nearer 3, maybe older) but the smaller saws didn't like it at all.

I'd bought 50 liters (to get the price down) but it does go-off and because the price is so high (3 times that of petrol) and I use so little I find it uneconimic to buy more.

But it does go stale ...... granted, a lot slower than petrol.

2 hours ago, Mik the Miller said:

Well I beg to differ.

I noticed my little saws were getting hard to start and eventually I couldn't get my 170 going, then my 240 then the 360 started playing up,  the 660 and the 880 were fine however. I put the little one up on the shelf and after some messing about (and the fact the i'd run out of Alkylate) i filled the 240 with std fuel/oil mix - bit of adjustment of the needles (which i'd been twiddling with) she ran fine. The 360 was filled with Tescos finest and she was much better. I pulled the 170 down and used std fuel and into life she sprang.

The fuel still burns, I used the last few liters to light a fire and it went satifyingly WOOF!

The Aspen was at least 2 years old (nearer 3, maybe older) but the smaller saws didn't like it at all.

I'd bought 50 liters (to get the price down) but it does go-off and because the price is so high (3 times that of petrol) and I use so little I find it uneconimic to buy more.

But it does go stale ...... granted, a lot slower than petrol.

Aspen is chemically pure and does not go stale, although there is a stated shelf life of between 3 and 5 years due to the manufacturers of the cans not choosing to guarantee the plastic beyond that time.

However, what can happen, depending on storage conditions of  2 stroke equipment, is that dormant  Aspen2T lying in fuel lines and carburettors can evaporate, leaving an oil rich mixture behind. This thicker substance can certainly inhibit starting. This does not happen with 4 stroke Aspen as there is no oil content.

The same happens with pump petrol, but quicker due to the higher vapour pressure of pump fuel, and if we add in the fact that the remaining petrol has also gone stale, the starting problems can be much worse and more difficult to rectify.

The worse we find if we pull down a carb from a machine stored on Aspen 2 for a few years is a little thick oil, but the diaphragms will be perfect and the oil soon washes through.

If we pull down a carb that has been stored on pump fuel for a few years we usually find damaged and misshapen diaphragms, fuel solids, and often rust from the absorbed moisture.

The Aspen UK sales figures for october have just been released and show another incredible month for UK sales, with sales of Aspen fuel being 29% up on the same period last year.

October has also been a record month for bulk 'trade sales' throughout the UK, these are bulk orders delivered straight to end users like yourselves and at a higher discount than over the counter prices.

More and more professional users are coming on board now.

If you have an interest in buying your Aspen in bulk, at trade discounts, then give your local Aspen Service centre a ring, they will happily take your order and the fuel will arrive at your doorstep in 48hours.