highclimb

Some people just dont like following the heard,in my opinion stihl is being corpratised by the states profit is more important and there for german quality is going out the window,any one who uses them day in and out and buys a 200t yearly can not say they have had problems with newer model carbs..??

Very true Matty, I came pretty close to buying a 338 when the carb went on a new MS200 after 3 weeks. Since the carb was replaced, 3 years ago now, its been excellent, not a single problem. As for the whole profit thing, Husqvarna are doing exactly the same. Seen the plastic covers on the handle of the 385xp fall off after a couple of months exposing the trigger mechanism to saw shavings and dirt etc.

HU_385W_L.jpg

Edited by scotspine1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shifting away from the top handles, i love my 372xp husky it just seems a great all round saw its not to heavy, i prefer this to my 254xp even in smaller stuff it just handles nicely, even with a 24" bar on it, and the vibration is noticably less

for the smaller stuff I have a husky 340e and its really fast for just chopping logs and brash, very light with a 12" bar and handles very well, I have used the smaller stihls such as ms170 and 180s and i dont like them they just seem bulky compared to using the huskys but this may well be a personal thing as my father in law (owner of said stihls) prefers them to my huskys (which suits me fine!)

Some people just dont like following the heard,in my opinion stihl is being corpratised by the states profit is more important and there for german quality is going out the window,any one who uses them day in and out and buys a 200t yearly can not say they have had problems with newer model carbs..??

The new ones are fine!, well mine is.

I had problems the two before that, but they were both sorted within the first week by my dealer, they then ran great.

I don't follow the heard, I use the best tools I can to make my working life easier.

I much prefer stihl, for hard woods.

Edited by skyhuck

Im liking the 338 at the momment i would of not evan of considered it untill they upped the power to the 200t...it also took a lot of getting used to after 13 years with 200ts but people said that when they replaced the old all alley 020s with the current guise,both saws are not with out there faults and it amazes me husky have only just nearly got it right recently!

I have a year old 200t with a brand new carb and handle awaiting for some time to be fitted i look forward to working them side by side who knows i might go back to it but using the 338 today it just seems so nice easily as powerfull maybe not feeling as robust but then thought i honestly dont regret buying it....unlike the 335 i got years ago!

thanks charlieh!

I own a 345e and a mate of mine has the 340e, both are lovely to use, sadly mine came with a auto tensioner, seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I hate it, am going to buy a new side cover.

Has anyone here used the 357xp? I have only ever heard good things.

at home, i use a stihl ms260 on the ground and i love it, never caused me any trouble despite the abuse it has suffered at my hands.... at work i have a new ms200t and an ms200 back handle, which are both good, plus access to a range of larger stihl saws (260, 460, 660 and 880) all of which are good. i have no experience of husky stuff at all.

I used 357 the other day for the 1st time, excellent delivery of power, well balanced saw. Just what you'd expect from the Husky stable. i currently run an 026 stihl, excellent reliable lightweight groundsaw, does what it says on the tin!! However, power-wise, not a patch on the 357, but I've heard so many stories of reliability problems re:357 that I wouldnt swap. I also use Jonsered 2050, again not as poky as the 357, but adequate as a backup in the woods. Husky 372, after teething probs re: carb on this saw, its now a superb saw, pulls a 24"bar well. Stihl 066, my favourite, loads of poke, just love the sound of this saw, as well as everything else about it.

As far as the 338/200t debate, I tink I'm right in saying that the local dealer has sold 2 338s since they came out, against many many 200ts, says it all really.