Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

On 21/11/2022 at 08:27, Big J said:

Lake effect snow. We actually get that here (to a lesser extent) off the Baltic. Some of the coastal areas close to here had over 50cm this weekend.

Lovely morning here. Minus 7.3c and a beautiful mist rising off the lake (which was a balmy 4c). So a short swim was called for. The water actually felt pretty reasonable - I'm amazed that my body has adapted to this without any protests. It doesn't actually feel cold getting in and I've got no gasp reflex anymore.

No description available.No description available.No description available.No description available.

How long do you actually swim for? Must start getting cold after a short while surely?

2 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

How long do you actually swim for? Must start getting cold after a short while surely?

Only a minute really. It's just to maintain that cold water tolerance. You do get a bit of a buzz from it when combined with sauna.

Did 35km on the bike in minus 10 this morning. It was really very pretty. Some beard ice issues though!

ImageImageImageImage

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Big J said:

There is something about snow and frost that sends dogs into an excited frenzy. 

Aways had the same effect on me, though I've often been accused of being more dog than man.

Been a lovely crisp day here but -8 wind chill makes mewp work miserable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Big J said:

There is something about snow and frost that sends dogs into an excited frenzy. 

Is it that the cold neutralises a lot of smells and they're going wild on the ones being pumped out by active heat sources? ie Is it that they can smell themselves and you?

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 1