Winter wear!

jamesd

Hi there I have always had difficulties with waterproofs from top to bottom . I have found a wicked new type of waterproofs that are just great it's called

Flexothane it's not to heavy and is washable wipeable and stretchy and y don't have to re proof it .I love it it's transformed my rainy days so now I stay dry All day .

Gloves are a different matter I can't get gloves that stay dry, wet soaking gloves are always a problem other than warring the blue marigolds that are waterproof but bulky. Anyone got any suggestions ??

Littletree:thumbup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a synthetic base layer, long sleeved, then a t-shirt and on top a micro-fleece or wind proof fleece. Got a top yesterday from Aldi, wind -proof, water resistant and breathable for £10, designed for running but climbing around in it today, awesome.:thumbup1:

Gloves, Showa Thermo, Cut off the tip of thumb and fore finger if you find things a bit cumbersome to undo or tie or grip:thumbup1:

Those neck warmer bands are good to, versatile, you can wear em on yer head or around yer neck to keep you toastie, they soon come off as you get going!

Used to work with a guy that wore woman's tights in the winter.

He went into a cafe after being out at -7 and passed out at the counter while giving order.

I blame the tights, how embarrassing would it have been if he had got carted off in the ambulance.

Mind you no more embarrassing than when my wife cut the leathers of a biker in A&E after he came a cropper at a runabout, only to find the lacy thong and sussy's but that's for another thread.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Cheers for all the responses i shall be ordering some merino socks, and gloves and maybe the coat if i have enough £££ :biggrin:

The other things i need really is some waterproof trousers. I'm the same as little tree they seem hard to get a decent pair.

I don't necessarily want them for climbing as i find chainsaw trousers keep me reasonably dry and i always seem to tear the water proofs when climbing.

I'll be using them for groundwork or when we do landscaping jobs and hedgecutting etc

So anyone got any ideas for what's a good pair to go for? i see clarke have these:

SIP Tempest Flexothane Rain Trousers | Clark Forest : Waterproofs

anyone used them? (May as well get stuff from them as i'm ordering the gloves and that from them anyway lol)

Thanks again! James.

i wear either nike dri-fit t shirts or the stretch air t shirts under a stretch air climbing shirt or a berghaus 3/4 zip shirt and if its really cold a craghoppers zip neck fleece. i also have some underarmour cold gear shorts. The best socks i have had for when its cold have been some salomon socks which are shaped for each foot and have a handy left and right marker on them just in case.