Have you been Pulled for over loading?

Billy

fair enough, I think thats the sotry for most on here, your just one of the few brave enough to come out with it. Although it seems with all that kit the proper truck was the only thing you were missing so why not.

Back ot running your truck, how much more is the tax and insurance on it, and how much do the inspections cost?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you must remember its the laden weight of the viehicle that counts the personne whos driving gets points and fine and then you get a pg9 you will not be able to move it until the weight has been reduced and you may goto court and you cannot ask an employee to drive over laden

You don't get points for being over loaded and often the Co is fined not the driver, but you can be fined up to £1000 per 1000kg you are over loaded.

fair enough, I think thats the sotry for most on here, your just one of the few brave enough to come out with it. Although it seems with all that kit the proper truck was the only thing you were missing so why not.

Back ot running your truck, how much more is the tax and insurance on it, and how much do the inspections cost?

check r £45 every 12 wk, less tax than old daily ,not much ,£765 insurances

youll find they wont admitt they run overloaded ,but i can tell you 99% do

3,staff, 6,saws climbing kit,rigging kit ,clean up kit kit fuel ,it all adds ups

av payload will be 750kg ish

chip weights about 300kg per bulk bag could get 8 loose on the 3.5t daily

you wotk it out :biggrin:

Oh yeah i know everyone is overloaded, if you fill your chipbox, your overloaded really in the world of 3.5t arb trucks.

i just found another snag in post 97 license guy slike me getting a c class license. once your ina class C you then need C+E to tow a trailer or chipper...Yet more expense, i'm not sure if you'll have C+E on your license, might be worth checking!

& working with in 25m of base no records required, which suits me :biggrin:

You mean tacho records? and I think you will find the distance increased a couple of years ago to 100kms from base (but I could be wrong).

Double cab transits and similar are ok for little day to day jobs but if you are on anything serious you realy need a 7.5 tonne and be done with it, saves all the running around back to the yard to empty the truck and the running cost once you have your licence is not that much more but you can save on fuel which will be dearer tomorrow and the day after and the day after that and on and on.

We are being stopped more and more around the black country for VOSA road side checks, police checks and in particular waste carriers licence, red diesel checks and quite often when towing a chipper which does not have the company logo we get stopped to check if the chipper is nicked which is a good thing.

i got pulled over by vosa last week in a 7.5t wagon..was over on the front axle by 600kg and under on the back! was 400kg overweigh overall! i didnt have my tachos with me nor my digital tacho i got fined £200 for been over weigh! £200 for not having my tachos the wagon was imobolised over night until we could get the excess weight off! the men from vosa said they arent allowed to work overtime anymore due to cut backs and unless i could get another wagon there in 30 mins the vehicle could not move untill i produced my tachos @ 7am the next day! i was in spalding lincolnshire and our yard is in rothwell leeds!!!! 30 mins!!! oh i forgot to mention the £400 was me personally and the firm also got fined £400 aswell! luckily our gaffer is a good bloke and he paid my fine aswell! they didnt check condition of the wagon or anything! dunno if the fines are the same for anything under 7.5t i would asume so though! been overweight is still overweight no matter what you drive.

looks like i was right on the fines then! Thanks for taking one for the team there:001_tongue:. It must have been revsed as a haulage friend of mine who drives big rigid's and artics etc got caugh tina transit van a few years back and it was £30 up to 10% then £1 a kilo for anything over 10% and 3 points! seems they're charging more for less now but holding onthe points, fair enough i guess.

I would be a bit careful assuming what level of fine you will get.

It’s statute legislation so there will be a tariff of fines set, find out what that is.

From this website (which I would not consider definitive)

Vehicle weight and size limits, overloading and axle loads - 23/06/2010 - RoadTransport.com

According to the Road Traffic Act 1988, overloading your vehicle is an absolute offence, which means that an offence is committed even when the driver or haulier was unaware the vehicle was overloaded. It is punishable by up to a fine of up to £5,000 per offence.

It seems that the tariff tops out at 5K

yes been tugged and got done ,£1 per kilogram ,i was 2.2 ton over weight ,had a gv9 form whitch means your going nowhere untill there happy ,had to get landowners permission to off load and then go tip and then come back and reload and then tip again

yes been tugged and got done ,£1 per kilogram ,i was 2.2 ton over weight ,had a gv9 form whitch means your going nowhere untill there happy ,had to get landowners permission to off load and then go tip and then come back and reload and then tip again

Do you still overload- be honest:001_smile: