Have you been Pulled for over loading?

Billy

i guy i do alot of climbing for has a old nene overland purpose built arb land rover 130 tipper all made with ally planking etc and that weighs 3 tons empty. my transit isnt much better with a ally buck with wooden chip box it weighs in at 2445KG empty.

We're looking at a Transit crew cab tipper - is that what your one is weighing at 2445kg or is it a standard Transit tipper(not a crew cab) ? Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this onthe VOSA website

ll inspections revealing failures for drivers’ hours, overloading, mechanical condition or other vehicle related infringements will be fined between £30 and £200 depending on the severity of the offence.

At that price it doesn't seem such a bad risk for us lot trying our luck in 3.5t trucks, as long as they're maintained.

you must remember its the laden weight of the viehicle that counts the personne whos driving gets points and fine and then you get a pg9 you will not be able to move it until the weight has been reduced and you may goto court and you cannot ask an employee to drive over laden

We're looking at a Transit crew cab tipper - is that what your one is weighing at 2445kg or is it a standard Transit tipper(not a crew cab) ? Thanks

mine is just a standard single cab, it was a rigid body but has been converted to a tipper with ally buck if that makes any difference to the weight normally.

get a 5t truck,good p/l & good towing capacity

What license is required for 5t? I'm on a crappy driving license that only goes to 3.5t and only a 750kg trailer so i'd still need to shell out for some training and what not to get in one. it's a shame too because all these bigger vehicles can be had for such low prices when i look around on ebay.:sneaky2:

mine is just a standard single cab, it was a rigid body but has been converted to a tipper with ally buck if that makes any difference to the weight normally.

Ah right. It's looking like if we get 750kg payload out of a crew cab we'll be doing well. Thanks for the info

What license is required for 5t? I'm on a crappy driving license that only goes to 3.5t and only a 750kg trailer so i'd still need to shell out for some training and what not to get in one. it's a shame too because all these bigger vehicles can be had for such low prices when i look around on ebay.:sneaky2:

shop about for prices !! once youv got the liesence its yours :thumbup1:

At that price it doesn't seem such a bad risk for us lot trying our luck in 3.5t trucks, as long as they're maintained.

If you were to have an accident when overloaded then I imagine they would throw the book at you.. That's the reason we've gone to the iveco 6.5 tonner.