post your motorbikes

WoodED

I just sold my push bike to a bloke from Stroud. He just left now and what an amazing man. Turns out he's a former TT racer. They were 5 friends from Stroud that were into road and off road racing. Three of them died at the TT and last last one who died was Bob Price in 2014 when he got the jump wrong and ploughed into the pub. He was supposed to been one of his bearers but had a big heart attack that morning. He's now 59 and has bought my bike to ride the TT course next year. His target time is under 2 hours and I get the feeling he'll do it.

For such a quiet bloke he's definitely got some guts.

• 3 years later...

Just treated myself, couldn’t resist. Same colours and styling as my beloved XR125 from my learner days. 

to me it’s everything a bike should be. Simple, air cooled, reliable, capable of going on or off road and with that unique big single torque that puts a grin on your face every time you open it up in third at thirty and it just goes. 

God I’ve missed having a Honda. 

F1CF2E6B-4A20-498E-9464-52B8D411F3EC.jpeg

• Like 3

Oooooh nice[emoji106]

I shut it for 3 windows and door at my last house! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] thinking about it then it must av been before 2012 so more like 2010.
Loads done to it, i miss it, could pretty much feel and predict everything with it too. Was on michelin macadams originally then i put it on to metzelers, different bike again. WhitePower (if i’m allowed to say that [emoji6]) front internals, WhitePower rear adjustable shocker, NRC heavy duty casings, clear clutch window, uprated barnett clutch, powder coated frame and wheels, polished swing arm, carbs originally done at jack frost racing before i got it, modified air box, full akrapovic race system with tapered headers, they used to glow blue in slow or queued traffic, was a pig in slow moving traffic tbh, dropped a tooth on front sprocket, wrenthal medium bars, streetfighter front lights and dash etc, fork to frame WP steering damper, but it used to pop seals pretty often so gave up and just took it off in the end. Rear footrests were from a gsxr 600 about 2004 i think, i just squashed em up slightly in vice so bolts/holes lined up, fronts were off a 1000 if i remember correctly, ended up being in a better position, less cramped and better under ya feet than original fat rubber things that they came with! Was a wheelie machine [emoji106]
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ratman said:

I shut it for 3 windows and door at my last house! emoji24.pngemoji24.pngemoji24.png thinking about it then it must av been before 2012 so more like 2010.
Loads done to it, i miss it, could pretty much feel and predict everything with it too. Was on michelin macadams originally then i put it on to metzelers, different bike again. WhitePower (if i’m allowed to say that emoji6.png) front internals, WhitePower rear adjustable shocker, NRC heavy duty casings, clear clutch window, uprated barnett clutch, powder coated frame and wheels, polished swing arm, carbs originally done at jack frost racing before i got it, modified air box, full akrapovic race system with tapered headers, they used to glow blue in slow or queued traffic, was a pig in slow moving traffic tbh, dropped a tooth on front sprocket, wrenthal medium bars, streetfighter front lights and dash etc, fork to frame WP steering damper, but it used to pop seals pretty often so gave up and just took it off in the end. Rear footrests were from a gsxr 600 about 2004 i think, i just squashed em up slightly in vice so bolts/holes lined up, fronts were off a 1000 if i remember correctly, ended up being in a better position, less cramped and better under ya feet than original fat rubber things that they came with! Was a wheelie machine emoji106.png

You threw a bit of money at her then

• Like 1