ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

4 minutes ago, AHPP said:

On the dog market, I had a look online earlier and the very obvious thing has very obviously happened. Loads of dogs at a fraction of the prices they've been for the last three years. People fed up with coming back from work to piss and destruction left by hastily bought and poorly maintained mutts.

And no exercise or stimulation because it's not summer anymore! When I took the problem dogs in for behavioural work it was usually humans that were at the heart of the problem. The amount of "unmanageable" dogs I've worked with that had no issues at all given proper exercise for the breed and clear rules to follow.

A lot of people just don't deserve to have a dog.

• Like 7

On 15/12/2022 at 21:25, Doug Tait said:

And no exercise or stimulation because it's not summer anymore! When I took the problem dogs in for behavioural work it was usually humans that were at the heart of the problem. The amount of "unmanageable" dogs I've worked with that had no issues at all given proper exercise for the breed and clear rules to follow.

A lot of people just don't deserve to have a dog.

That’s the problem with dogs, they worship you almost regardless how you treat them, got a jrt and a working collie, if I’m honest they don’t get near as much work/ exercise as they need. Couldn’t manage without the collie, jrt is just a spoiled brat🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2021 at 21:57, David Cropper said:

Charlie waking up when heard me starting the Bbq. Wife's done well with the azaleas this year.

20210508_184118.jpg

On 21/05/2021 at 09:19, gary112 said:

AAD9F91E-1ACD-41E8-9513-588B5C90F7DF.thumb.jpeg.a3d3a79346bb239aa4a9765f11ef15db.jpegToys everywhere,waiting for work,pi&&ing down here again so looks like a day in the shed 

Always associate this time of year with Betty's recovery a few years ago.

Hope all the dogs and dog people of this thread have a good Christmas, all the best to everyone, especially Charlie @David Cropper and Betty

@gary112

• Like 3

Anyone know about nasal polyps and their treatment with steroids?

Had Santi at the vet a while back as he's been struggling with his breathing and nasal discharge, he's basically become Darth Vader. He's an old boy with a lot of growths on his body so I suspected there were growths inside too. Vet suggested a dental infection so he had surgery but weeks later he's not improved. Saw lovely Victoria the vet yesterday and she agrees about growths in his nose.

Realistically there's no remedy but she's prescribed steroids in the hope it improves things for him, though it's a case of wait and see what difference they make if any over the coming weeks, or best case scenario, months.

Feeling a bit lost today not knowing what to expect, so if anyone has had similar before I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.