ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

33 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I did not let her go until l the pebble was at rest . She just went in the general direction , turned down wind of the pebble and quatered up to it , soft mouthed it and brought it back . No damage to fer teeth .

Stubby I know you would be looking after your dog, it's just I have a thing about this because my dog was badly affected by it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topchippyles said:

It is amazing how these spaniels locate hidden drugs like they do. 

Dogs are also trained to detect micro SD cards when searching pedofiles houses.

Police drugs dogs are often trained on drugs, firearms and cash in amounts of £500+ as they are all associated.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Arborist said:

Dogs are also trained to detect micro SD cards when searching pedofiles houses.

Police drugs dogs are often trained on drugs, firearms and cash in amounts of £500+ as they are all associated.

Most dogs have a incredible sence of smell , some say 700 times better than ours and some say up to 1200 times better than us, there is a young lady not to far from me that trains dogs that go to the MOD, police, fire brigade and the UK border agencies, she probably trains between 20 to 30 dogs a year but last time i was talking to her she said only about 60% make the grade, she said she bought 6 lab dog pups all from same litter and only 1 made the grade then 4 pups again same litter 2 bitches and 2 dogs and all 4 made the grade, 

Last night was interesting we was out dog training 1 lab just gone 2, 1 springer 11 mth 1 cocker 5yr and 1 cocker 7yr, lad i was with got a brand new training dummy out of its plastic wrapper and placed it about 50yds down a fence side, none of the 4 dogs picked it ?? i then replaced it with a well used dummy and all 4 dogs picked it, so no or very little scent on the new dummy but loads on the old dummy then when i smell the dummies they dont smell that much different ?? but my sence of smell is no where near what a dogs is ?? dogs are just amazing at finding things,, 

• Like 3

Took the kids surfing the last two days in Sweden.   Lots of families, distractions and kite surfers.

had Kira on the long line as dogs need to be leashed during the summer in Norway.

plus I need to work on her recall, and she has just come into her first season.

had a great time and she only reacted to one other dog.  Been off her food though probably due to the period.

she did well though.  Came back every time.  Cold press duck seems to be the Crack for her LOL.

IMG_7338.thumb.jpeg.cb9f8c8a3a96107205c8490eb9fe3935.jpeg

IMG_7337.thumb.jpeg.3c52e290cf398c10b3189ff8616ff47c.jpeg

• Like 5

Well it's all going well, my lodger has been here 3 Wk today and now going in to her last wk, i will certainly miss her when she goes back home, she will probably not want to go home as she will of had a ball here with me, out every day training and a few days out pigeon shooting biggest bag so far 135 so she been kept busy, Last Friday we took young Eddie out with us and he was made up with having his photo taken with 2 dogs and the few birds we got, the last photo purdey just sat there watching me sorting some ear ups out and a few other bits, she was just watching as if to say WTF you doing I am ready to go hurry up ,,,

20230721_194116.jpg

20230721_193647.jpg

20230721_155957.jpg

• Like 13

Nothing like a dog working and loving it.

My old fellas spaniel used to sit in the hide looking up at me and my dad.  The expression in his face was

“are you two fools gonna hit something so I can go and get it!?!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 2