Jokes???

brownie1964

21&3 for me but it was a cortina with 2 brothers outside the pub 
do I get a extra point for being brought back from a farm sale sat in a old wardrobe in the back of said cortina with some plough spares?
I also remember lifting the mats in the back and watching the road go by through the holes in the floor!

Arr the good old days 🤣

• Like 3

Warming to the theme now. How about getting dropped off by the school bus at the end of a  1 mile long un-tarmacked lane and then walking the rest of the way home. Occasionally, if it was raining too heavily, mum would come and get us on the motorbike, one on the front, one on the back. Deepest, darkest Devon.

Those were the days. Non of this being ferried by car right into the classroom bollox.

• Like 4

Twenty and four for me. Strictly an analogue house, didn't even get to go on that TV ping pong game! We walked to school at primary age too!

Spent hours waiting for Dad after rugby matches at various clubs he played at, especially the home games.

Helped out for free on fruit farm "for fun".

Didn't dare answer back.

Sung in church choir for the money.

10 hours ago, Will C said:

brought back from a farm sale sat in a old wardrobe in the back of said cortina with some plough spares?

Reminds me of the youth rugby sevens tournaments. Our team often travelled in one of the parents car together. I remember one Saturday when it was so wet the local joinery business sent out it's workers with yard brushes to sweep the water off the pitch, after the tournament we were all sent to the burn and stripped off to get clean before being allowed to wedge ourselves into a Honda civic in our underpants to head home.

One of our coaching team was the local bobby.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sime42 said:

Warming to the theme now. How about getting dropped off by the school bus at the end of a  1 mile long un-tarmacked lane and then walking the rest of the way home. Occasionally, if it was raining too heavily, mum would come and get us on the motorbike, one on the front, one on the back. Deepest, darkest Devon.

Those were the days. Non of this being ferried by car right into the classroom bollox.

Yes, we were dropped off at the end of the farm drive.

When it was snowing Dad used to take us down in the tractor to meet the bus.

In the summer I used to put a foot each on the three point linkage arms and hold on to the cab behind his seat.

Seemed dodgy at the time, even dodgier looking back.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes, we were dropped off at the end of the farm drive.

When it was snowing Dad used to take us down in the tractor to meet the bus.

In the summer I used to put a foot each on the three point linkage arms and hold on to the cab behind his seat.

Seemed dodgy at the time, even dodgier looking back.

Yeah, I remember the old three point linkage balancing act as well.

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Reminds me of the youth rugby sevens tournaments. Our team often travelled in one of the parents car together. I remember one Saturday when it was so wet the local joinery business sent out it's workers with yard brushes to sweep the water off the pitch, after the tournament we were all sent to the burn and stripped off to get clean before being allowed to wedge ourselves into a Honda civic in our underpants to head home.

One of our coaching team was the local bobby.

I can see this going to "how many of us used to squeeze in the back of the ..... " - driver, passenger, 4 in the back was common, and on special occasions 2 in the boot with the parcel shelf removed so they could hear us shout "duck". Most in a police car... driver, passenger and 4 in the back.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I can see this going to "how many of us used to squeeze in the back of the ..... " - driver, passenger, 4 in the back was common, and on special occasions 2 in the boot with the parcel shelf removed so they could hear us shout "duck". Most in a police car... driver, passenger and 4 in the back.....

When I was just drinking age a group of us used to go to other towns for a night out, we'd have needed a minibus to get us all back but we knew a guy called Ghost taxi's who'd take as many as would fit in as long as he could take a back road and it was after dark, always charged 'a pound a skull' and kicked us out on the outskirts of town!

• Like 2