Chainsaw boot alternative

Mark Bolam

I shy away from buying proper chainsaw boots due to all the points made by the o.p.Are they REALLY worth the price premium,are they heavy,will they last,are they viable to comfortably wear on a daily basis?etc.It would make more sense for me to buy decent chainsaw wellie type boots to wear when needed.But again,coming from a farming background I know only too well their drawbacks-hot ' n sweaty,poor ankle support,tend to lead to flat feet issues due to non-existent arch support and so on.

18 hours ago, Con said:

Just had a look at them. Do you climb/spike in them?

I've had a few pairs of salewas. Don't climb in them anymore as i like my arbpros, but they were great for pruning. Bit flimsy for spiking all day in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I always wear chainsaw boots or chainsaw wellies depending on conditions, I don't climb but hours of ringing logs and I've had the same pair for about 15 years.

Everything else I wear tends to be Screwfix, basic black coal boots or trainers all with steel toe caps under £40.

Edited by GarethM

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’ve got Salewas, but don’t find them as comfy as the first couple of pairs I had.

Need something with a toecap anyway.

Pfanner do a new climbing boot with toe caps.  No chainsaw pro though.

One of the guys I work with has a pair, only problem I see is they mustard in colour.

ANTON.NO

Når det gjelder vertikalklatring, er hvert unødvendig gram med utstyr for mye. Med sin lette vekt på 645...

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’ve had a few pairs of Arbortec Fellhunters now and they’ve never fallen apart. One pair leaked from new but they were quickly replaced. 

Another happy fellhunter wearer here ... expensive to buy but cheap in the long run.