basic ground wages

what are we all paying for basic ground labour?

and what kinda hours?

and how many labourers are bitching about pay?

are we thinking minimum wage for under 23s with no experience or qualifications? or are people paying more?

27 minutes ago, manco said:

what are we all paying for basic ground labour?

and what kinda hours?

and how many labourers are bitching about pay?

are we thinking minimum wage for under 23s with no experience or qualifications? or are people paying more?

Many factors to consider. 

Job and knock will favour the human telehandlers and those with lives who thrive on £150 a day in their back pocket.

On the books I think you'd possibly struggle, depending on location, to find a labourer who would work 40hrs a week for minimum wage. 

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Many factors to consider. 

Job and knock will favour the human telehandlers and those with lives who thrive on £150 a day in their back pocket.

On the books I think you'd possibly struggle, depending on location, to find a labourer who would work 40hrs a week for minimum wage.

Building trade and construction is my background but you tree guys seem to be around the same pay grades if any good. 

Would you work  40hrs a week for minimum wage mark. I have always paid good wages which gets a better result in man power. Still using guys from 30 years ago respect was given back in the day and still is even though production is lower. 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Would you work  40hrs a week for minimum wage mark. I have always paid good wages which gets a better result in man power. Still using guys from 30 years ago respect was given back in the day and still is even though production is lower. 

No, I wouldn't work for minimum wage and I wouldn't expect anyone to work for me for minimum wage either. 

• Like 1

some people are only worth minimum wage.

until theyve done a few weeks and got up to speed.

even at the old rate, youre talking nearly 100 quid a day.

ya cant be paying that for someone thats standing around like a wetwipe half the time.

• Like 2

The trouble with that sentiment is that the average youth today would rather stand around like a wetwipe in a nice warm shopping centre or supermarket to earn the minimum wage.

• Like 1

DAYRATES

£70 Brash dragging

£80 Brash Dragging in PPE

£90 CS30 or Chipper

£100 CS31 & F+

£110 CS38

£120 CS39

£130 CS39 and capable

£140+ CS41, MEWP and capable

Remove 20% if PAYE

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JBH said:

DAYRATES

£70 Brash dragging

£80 Brash Dragging in PPE

£90 CS30 or Chipper

£100 CS31 & F+

£110 CS38

£120 CS39

£130 CS39 and capable

£140+ CS41, MEWP and capable

Remove 20% if PAYE

You do realise minimum wage is £11.44 per hour now? 

Thats £91.52 for an 8 hour day. 

Makes £2500 finance per month look cheap. 

• Like 1

I wonder if @manco has trouble getting staff, keeping them is probably the least of his worries.

Would you work for £92 a day today, sweating your arse off and no doubt having you shouting and swearing like some beasted recuit?