Most disgraceful customer supplied refreshments.

Mick Dempsey

It’s a well known fact that old women (by that I mean older than me) make the best tea.

Last week I accepted the offer of a tea from a fellow before the job had started, 1 sip proved it was foul, when I tipped it out,  the inside of the off white mug was a mahogany brown, it was all downhill after that with the whole work area over run with rats.

Last month we were on an off grid type of shithole and the woman brought out teas made with what she proudly said was organic goat’s milk, large globules floating on the surface. 
I thought if I drink this I’ll never be able to keep solid food down again.

• Like 1

It does make me laugh with the current coffee culture. I'm sure 20 years ago instant coffee was far more commonplace and accepted. But now everyone (including me) is quite snobby about the quality of coffee yet quite happy to dunk a 2p tea bag in a cup of water and call it tea. You can't beat a pot tbh, I like 2teaspoons of black mixed with 1teasoon of lapsang soushong. Although only do that in Sundays now as they reckon lapsang is carcinogenic🤦. My gran drank the stuff everyday and lived well into her 90s so can't be too bad I guess

Edited by Slicer Dicer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slicer Dicer said:

It does make me laugh with the current coffee culture. I'm sure 20 years ago instant coffee was far more commonplace and accepted. But now everyone (including me) is quite snobby about the quality of coffee yet quite happy to dunk a 2p tea bag in a cup of water and call it tea. You can't beat a pot tbh, I like 2teaspoons of black mixed with 1teasoon of lapsang soushong. Although only do that in Sundays now as they reckon lapsang is carcinogenic🤦. My gran drank the stuff everyday and lived well into her 90s so can't be too bad I guess

My go to hot drink in the workshop is 3 in 1 instant coffee 😆  

When customers offer me the choice of instant or 'proper' coffee I always say instant, it would appear I have no standards lol 😅 🙂 😆 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slicer Dicer said:

Glad someone has mentioned Lapsang Soushong - the Grand Daddy. Proper big boy's tea!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, william127 said:

On a job down in Dorset  a couple of years ago, doing some acoustic paneling on a mobile drilling rig (lorry based with a 2 stroke v8 detroit diesel, you could here it coming a mile away!!), boss says 'anyone for coffe, I'm off to the tea hut?' 

One of the drilling company fitters, huge burely Geordie, accent as thick as plaster says 'I'll have a gingerbread latte please'  😆 🤣 😂 

Had to ask 3 times before we worked out what he wanted, then we really didn't know what to say lol 😅 😆 

Where does the 800lb gorilla sit?

Wherever it wants to.

The strongest north east accent I've ever heard was a mackem I used to kickbox with. I introduced him to my (quite southern) parents on one of their forays into the bleak, furthest province. They spent about 80% of the time squinting at him, nodding along politely and the rest looking back at me to translate. A solid twenty minute chat and they can't have understood more than forty words. He eventually revealed he was off to Spain to teach children English as a foreign language. Dad caught that one and basically spat in his face laughing. Those poor Spanish kids are in for summer resits if their only exposure to English is from my mate from Pennywell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3