Jump to content

That was eventful…


eggsarascal
 Share

Recommended Posts

That’s the usual heavy handed display of authority which would have even made John The Baptist lose his rag, but in my humble I would not go and raise hell at your local cop shop because as we all know, they can be very vindictive, and more than likely if you do, they will hone in on you in the future with enthusiasm.

I sold an old van to a couple of rough diamonds who paid cash,  and they didn’t inform dvla they’d got it. Also I think they gave me a bogus name n address as new keeper.

A few weeks later it was abandoned near the sandringham estate.

Needless to say Lily Law came calling as they’d used it for ill gotten gains and mine was the last genuine name on the V5.

They cleared off eventually, but were mildly inconvenienced by the new mrs oldwoodcutter who told them that if they were going to be walking on her carpet they’d better take their size 12 boots off on the doorstep, which they did.

Edited by oldwoodcutter
White fingers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Log in or register to remove this advert

19 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

The trouble is the police (like all walks of life) have their fair share of dickheads. I know a few coppers socially, all bar one of them are sound. That one individual is a nasty piece of work though, a power crazy bully with no idea how to talk to people and no understanding that he rubs people up the wrong way. 

Unfortunately I think I got a dickhead, the other two were alright. Reminds me of when I was part of a syndicate shoot in Suffolk, the old boys ground we shot over has a son who is a retired Met firearms officer, his work mates joined the syndicate, all bar one of them were decent people, after his second drunken outburst it was made clear he wasn’t welcome anymore.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/11/2023 at 09:14, nepia said:

You're entitled to an explanation at the least even if all cop actions were done in good faith.

If the van has PNC markers on it they can be removed when they're no longer relevant as last night's episode should have made them - irrelevant.

 

Getting to the stage of cuffing you without you're knowing why sounds a bit strong but with due respect to you there are usually two sides to a story

You being ex job does this sound right? I contacted 101 and they said they would get an officer to call me, 9am today I get the call, (this is the bit that at the moment I’m not having) copper tells me the van is stolen recovered, he went onto say that there had been an error, he couldn’t explain where but basically it was reported stolen and not as recovered. This as far as I know isn’t correct, it’s not logged as stolen/recovered with DVLA. The reason I got the van at a good price is there’s light accident damage pretty much all down the near side, and the rear axle is damaged, hence it being recovered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

speak to a lawyer about pursuing a civil claim against the officer who tried to cuff you....unnesescary use of force, and acting outwith his authourity....a serious offence on his part, plod are getting to officious these days and seem to have forgotten there purpose......to serve the public.....most of them are on a power trip and looking for the slightest reason to cuff anybody and be the bully boy

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it were my vehicle that had been reported nicked, then I would hope the police would be as efficient. Too many people complain police aren't interested in 'proper' crimes such as theft, but as soon as someone complains about hurty words on fakebook or twatter then the full force come down like a ton of bricks. They have to deal with some right scrotes nowadays who don't think twice about abusing verbally and physically police officers, so now they take no chances that someone 'may' be a 'nice bloke' when they a following up a potential crime.

 

At least they did on this occasion.

 

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, agrimog said:

speak to a lawyer about pursuing a civil claim against the officer who tried to cuff you....unnesescary use of force, and acting outwith his authourity....a serious offence on his part, plod are getting to officious these days and seem to have forgotten there purpose......to serve the public.....most of them are on a power trip and looking for the slightest reason to cuff anybody and be the bully boy

Are they?? The only ones I ever see are parked behind broken down cars, blinding everyone with their bloody lights, doing nothing.

The other day it took me 20 minutes to get 500 yards up to a roundabout, get there and there's 4 coppers with a volvo and an l200, causing chaos by parking behind a middle aged BMW 1 series, with its towing eye screwed in, ready to use (not that it would have been hard to push), 30 yards from a bloody kwick fit car park!!! 

As I went past I couldn't help yelling 'you useless ******* morons' to myself.  Then I remembered my window was open, and I was doing about 3 miles an hour... 😆 🤣 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/11/2023 at 09:38, eggsarascal said:

You being ex job does this sound right? I contacted 101 and they said they would get an officer to call me, 9am today I get the call, (this is the bit that at the moment I’m not having) copper tells me the van is stolen recovered, he went onto say that there had been an error, he couldn’t explain where but basically it was reported stolen and not as recovered. This as far as I know isn’t correct, it’s not logged as stolen/recovered with DVLA. The reason I got the van at a good price is there’s light accident damage pretty much all down the near side, and the rear axle is damaged, hence it being recovered.

Yeah that happens but shouldn't - the bit about not being shown recovered I mean.

So are they saying that the van was shown stolen when you had your interaction that night?  Would explain much.

You should still have been aware of what the reasoning was behind their approach though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nepia said:

Yeah that happens but shouldn't - the bit about not being shown recovered I mean.

So are they saying that the van was shown stolen when you had your interaction that night?  Would explain much.

You should still have been aware of what the reasoning was behind their approach though

Yes, that’s what they are saying, the van was showing stolen when they knocked my door, and this is where it doesn’t add up, this van has never been stolen, or if it has it’s not recorded anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


  •  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.