Hoovers

AHPP

Not much help but have found Dyson to be the biggest overated pile of shite ever. I bought the other half one of those top of the range expensive cordless ones that were all the rage a few years ago. Terrible thing- so noisy I almost felt the need to wear earmuffs. Would jam up on the most benign household filth, and plasticy as you like, oh an the battery would last for about 5 mins on full power. Complete gimmick.

We have a Henry. It's been very reliable and good enough suction that I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere- but sure there are some probably on the market that will suck harder if that's your thing ...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Slicer Dicer said:

I bought the other half one of those top of the range expensive cordless ones that were all the rage a few years ago. Terrible thing- so noisy I almost felt the need to wear earmuffs. Would jam up on the most benign household filth, and plasticy as you like, oh an the battery would last for about 5 mins on full power. Complete gimmick.

That is a horrible way to describe your other half, shame on you

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Slicer Dicer said:

Not much help but have found Dyson to be the biggest overated pile of shite ever. I bought the other half one of those top of the range expensive cordless ones that were all the rage a few years ago. Terrible thing- so noisy I almost felt the need to wear earmuffs. Would jam up on the most benign household filth, and plasticy as you like, oh an the battery would last for about 5 mins on full power. Complete gimmick.

We have a Henry. It's been very reliable and good enough suction that I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere- but sure there are some probably on the market that will suck harder if that's your thing ...

Fully agree on this, never touch a Dyson again, Henry all day long they're bullet proof.  We've got a £500 dyson and a £120 henry the dyson never leaves cupboard.   Something with a spinny carpet brush is what you want, which Henry do now don't use traditional fixed brush head.

1 hour ago, NJA said:

Fully agree on this, never touch a Dyson again, Henry all day long they're bullet proof.  We've got a £500 dyson and a £120 henry the dyson never leaves cupboard.   Something with a spinny carpet brush is what you want, which Henry do now don't use traditional fixed brush head.

I too agree about Dysons (and the ball barrow was pants), I have "repaired " lots that have been discarded because the filters need cleaning, The thing is cyclone  tubes actually consume a lot of the air power, so my choice is a Henry with a Hepa filter bag, including when sweeping the chimney.

The Dysons even have a warning on them not to use with fine dust and cleaning impacted plaster dust or soot out of the cyclones takes ages. The Hepa filter bag just fills up without much loss of suction, lets no loose dust out when it is emptied and the bags cost peanuts. Dysons are for homes that don't need much cleaning but the air passages are too small for bits of bark and chainsaw flakes.

I do keep a Vax upright for getting dog hairs out of the carpet though a Dyson air powered rotating thingy does work with the Henry once the "heavy" debris has been vaxed off.

• Like 1

I had an original, very heavy, Dyson DC03 back in the 90’s and it was really good.

Then the prick who slaps Union Jacks everywhere but was very quick to move his operation to Malaysia started churning out utter shite.

They are truly awful.

We have a Shark atm which is ok for light domestic use, but I reckon Alex would kill it in a morning.

Most of the builders seem to use Henrys.