Leaf blowers

tenner

What's the state of leaf blowers these days? It's gotten to the stage that I need a 2-stroke leaf blower.

Are battery blowers at the stage where professionals are ditching 2-stroke blowers in numbers yet?

Has anybody used one of the cheapo B&Q/Lidl/etc blowers for sub £200?

Any of you lot switched to battery and have a 2-stroke blower laying around you don't want or can't be bothered to repair?

I've got 5 years experience on strimmers, saws, mowers, hedge trimmers, but never touched a leaf blower. Bit unsure. Thanks.

Happy with my  hand held husky 525BX 2 stroke

Better than the   stihl  BG86  I reckon.

I looked into battery ones as have alot of makita battery tools but they had alot less less power  & very short battery life.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, scbk said:

For clearing large areas of leaves, woodchip, snow, the biggest most powerful 2t backpack blower.

For general tidying up sawdust, grass cuttings, cleaning off machines etc, a powerful handheld battery blower

This 👍

I use stihl battery blower with several batteries most days but for big clearance the Echo PB8010 comes out to play - never fails to put a smile on my face 😁

Edited by rapalaman

4 minutes ago, rapalaman said:

This 👍

I use stihl battery blower with several batteries most days but for big clearance the Echo PB770 comes out to play - never fails to put a smile on my face 😁

I use the Husky battery blower, just looked and it is the 525ib.

Another advantage is storage in a vehicle, it's narrower so fits in a spot where a petrol wouldn't and because there's no fumes/fluids/leaks/hot exhaust you can store it in the cab, down the back of the seats etc so it's always to hand

If you are buying anew stihl hand held its worth noting they have done away with the double spring ergo soft start recoil now, which was very unreliable and failed on a regular basis. This was a feature on the bg86 and sh86 models. The model numbers are still the same but the latest stock is coming through with the better, non soft start recoil. The rrp is a bit cheaper, but some dealers are still selling at the dearer soft start model price.....plus there is a lot of old stock out there so if you dont want one with a soft start (trust me you dont) then check before you part with your cash

• Like 1