Greenmech starting issue

Shaunpaul

6 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I feel your pain so much I'm having to lie down as I'm experiencing flashbacks of anger and frustration.

Mine had the same issues which no dealer could fix and in the end resulted in a new engine thanks to the intervention of Mark at BASCO (Briggs)in the UK.

I suspect the ECU developed a fault.

Why?

Because there was literally nothing else electronic to replace.

Cold sweat breaking out again Ty?

39 minutes ago, Shaunpaul said:

On hold to dealership so long I ended up emailing them to say I’m not spending more money or hiring another machine as this issue hasn’t been resolved, 5 hours later……..no reply. “Just bring it” in isn’t really an answer nor an apology. Surely I’m not expected to just keep handing money over week after week 🤔

I would be murderously angry in your shoes. 

• Like 2

Reading everything to do with chipper not starting no matter what make, it the Briggs and Stratton that is the engine fitted. Not up to the job intended there must be another engine out there to do this job more reliable, even if it is a bit more money. 

• Like 1

This is the result of fitting a lawn mower engine on steroids where it should have been an industrial diesel.

Equal blame should be shared between the accountants who thought it was a good idea, the design team who should have known better, the salesmen who told people it would do the job and those who bought these units thinking that it would save them money.

The same can be said for the sub 750 chippers that shake themselves to bits.

False economy imo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

This is the result of fitting a lawn mower engine on steroids where it should have been an industrial diesel.

Equal blame should be shared between the accountants who thought it was a good idea, the design team who should have known better, the salesmen who told people it would do the job and those who bought these units thinking that it would save them money.

The same can be said for the sub 750 chippers that shake themselves to bits.

False economy imo.

Whilst I agree on the engine, sub 750 chippers are brilliant (with the right diesel engine)

There’s 20 year old TW150s out there for sale at the 6/7 grand mark. Probably only cost double that new.

Thats not false economy.

3 hours ago, woody paul said:

Reading everything to do with chipper not starting no matter what make, it the Briggs and Stratton that is the engine fitted. Not up to the job intended there must be another engine out there to do this job more reliable, even if it is a bit more money. 

There is very little option in petrol air cooled engines over 25hp. 

• Like 1